Webcam-server

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
exon

#16 Post by exon »

could you also tell me what brand of webcam you have i'm looking for a good lowbudget webcam that deffenly works on puppy

Geoffrey

#17 Post by Geoffrey »

exon

The webcam I use is cheap one I found at a discount store, I think you can pick them up for around $7au,
it appears to be a ZSMC USB PC Camera (ZS0211), Vimicro Cam, ProductGUID=3B61539D-2361-4962-8A23-2BE11965D32D, ID 0ac8:307b, it's not to bad does 320x240 or 640x480, works with most apps I've tried, they come in all shapes and sizes, it's a bit hard to see what your buying as there isn't much info on the box that it came in, the name on the box of the one I have say's "PC CAMERA", that's it , the mini cd with the drivers is an orange color that say's "PC CAMERA Product Driver, this contains Vimicro Windows and Mac drivers, I think it could a hit and miss experience in obtaining a cam that does work.

Hope that's of some help to you

Geoffrey

hiveman

#18 Post by hiveman »

This is great and worked perfectly up to the refresh script:
while (true) do ffmpeg -y -r 1 -t 1 -f video4linux2 -s qvga -i /dev/video0 /root/Web-Server/webcam%d.jpg; done
When I run this I get the error
ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libvpx.so.0: cannot map zero-fill pages: Cannot allocate memory
I'm sure if I were a programmer I would say "Oh yeah, of course...", but since I'm not I'm hoping someone here can tell me what to do about this.

Thanks!

eneanito

usable to ipcam?

#19 Post by eneanito »

Im woried about I can't view my IP camera from internet. ISP says it desn`t offer that service, but it doesn't close any ports. Test ports pages say ports are closed (except port 22 ssh) all about public address reported by whatsmyIp pages.
I can use team viewer and clicking one page a dont remember it has remotely started my webcam being previosly off and may be put it on web.

Your software tell me you know anything about this theme. Can you help me?