Lexmark driver- multiple models

For drivers and kernel modules.
TheAsterisk!

Lexmark driver- multiple models

#1 Post by TheAsterisk! »

I've repackaged an open-source (GPL 2) driver for Lexmark printers- Z700 series, P700, series, P3150, maybe more- from a couple of RPM packages. I also combined the original two packages into one, with a few changes (unzipped two files, made some symlinks- simple stuff).

lexmark.z700_cups.driver-1.1.1-1-i586.pet
md5sum.txt

The dotpet is 6.8 MB, and installed it's 17 MB. I've tested the package on Lucid Puppy 511 with my Z705, but I haven't been able to try it on other models.

The original binaries I used along with the source code packages can be found at the following site: http://users.cybercity.dk/~dko12479/
(This stuff hasn't been updated since 2004, so don't hold your breath for updated versions, unless someone new were to take it on.)

There is a known issue where the printer won't follow the top-of-the-page margins set from applications, so keep that in mind. Otherwise, though, it's working well enough on my Z705, though I haven't tried to print in color since I only have a black ink cartridge.

When you set up the Lexmark printer with the CUPS wizard ('Menu -> Setup -> CUPS Printer Wizard' or 'Menu -> System -> System Status and Config -> CUPS manage printing') I'd suggest not selecting your make and model from the list. Instead, just select the PPD file at "/usr/share/cups/model/Lexmark-Z700-lxe700cje-cups.ppd" to setup the Lexmark printer.
Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

gcmartin

Other LEXMARK printers

#2 Post by gcmartin »

Somewhere i thing I have a installer for a bundle of Lexmark printers up thru 2008. It is the full line of their printers (lasers, inkjets, etc.) If you feel it would be something you want, PM me and I'll send it to your or PPM/PET preparation.

TheAsterisk!

#3 Post by TheAsterisk! »

Well, my Z705 is the only Lexmark I have, so I'm not interested personally unless you happen to have a better driver, but if you have some stuff that isn't otherwise available anywhere, then that could certainly be useful to others if it could get uploaded somewhere or otherwise shared.

I'll send you a PM.