mailserver

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
gert3d

mailserver

#1 Post by gert3d »

Is there a possibility to build (or did anyone) a mailserver system, much like described in http://computertotaal.nl/software/22217 ... erver.html

Thanks

Sorry, I now see the site is in Dutch. In essence it uses Postfix and Dovecot. Mail can subsequently be read and sent using other computers in the network using iMap.

tytower

#2 Post by tytower »

In SeaMonkey Tools-> Translate Page
Everyone now has an email address in Gmail, Hotmail or ISP. But you trust your email provider is? Irritate the ads in web interfaces? Or do you want more control over the spam filter? One can think of to be with your current e-mail solution. Unhappy countless reasons The solution: install a mail server itself. The best But you trust your email provider is? Irritate the ads in web interfaces? Or do you want more control over the spam filter? One can think of to be with your current e-mail solution. Unhappy countless reasonsway to do that is to rent. In a data center by a virtual server But you can also setup your own server. In this article we build on our series on a Linux server with Ubuntu 10.04. As a basis we install Postfix and Dovecot. Then we use SquirrelMail for a web interface for your email and SpamAssassin to combat spam. We do assume that you have already referring to your server so that you have a professional email address as voornaam@achternaam.nl. Their own domain name
I am amused at the unlinked flow of english showing the Dutch phrasing of statements
But you trust your email provider is? Irritate the ads in web interfaces? Or do you want more control over the spam filter? One can think of to be with your current e-mail solution. Unhappy countless reasons

gert3d

#3 Post by gert3d »

There are millions of webpages in other languages, so have fun.

tytower

#4 Post by tytower »

Necessary ? I put that there to assist you get answers to your post. I won't bother in future

gert3d

#5 Post by gert3d »

Ah, sorry about that then.

For clarity: I understand that all readily available Puppy distro's cannot be modified or extended easily using apt-get / or a repository.
So the pupplets are made by geeks, or is there a useful manual for this?

Thanks