Multiboot option in puppy universal installer

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Dromeno

Multiboot option in puppy universal installer

#1 Post by Dromeno »

I bought a new USB harddisk today and made it a dual boot Puppeee 4.4 beta 7 / Puppy 5.2

I burned puppy 5.2 on a cd, booted my laptop with it
then plugged in the new USB hdd, formatted it with Gparted, used puppy universal installer to get puppy 5.2 (frugal) on it.

And then I discovered that the universal installer did not ask me to create a separate directory for puppy 5.2 (like when the universal installer is used to install puppy on an IDE/SATA internal hdd). And a separate directory is needed if the drive is to become a multiboot hdd.

No big problem, I made the pup52 directory myself, moved all the puppy files into it, then booted my AsusEE notebook in puppeee 44 beta 7 and used the universal installer in that puplet to put puppeee on the harddisk, made a directory Puppeee44b7, moved all the puppeee files into that one

...and finally run Grub4Dos to create the multiboot menu

So yes, it worked. But it would have been a bit faster if the universal installer was built with multiboot options on external media in mind.