Multisession Puppy won't save sessions

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
timothyb89

Multisession Puppy won't save sessions

#1 Post by timothyb89 »

I was using mulitsession with a DVD-RW, but whenever I shut down, I only get an error telling me that it was unable to save to my mulitsession dvd. I sighed and rebooted into puppy linux, only to find that it wouldn't start into the mulitsession distro, but the normal live CD mode, where it wanted me to set it up again, and it wouldn't let me use my pup001 file on hda1. Anyone know what to do?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

How did you burn the multisession DVD? It sounds like you burned the iso as a regular live DVD instead of a multisession.

Ted Dog

DVD-RW workaround

#3 Post by Ted Dog »

The save-to-DVD script has issues with RW disks, the use of an alternet script found here -> http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=4897 will prep a RW DVD for use with shutdown scripts usable since v1.06

timothyb89

#4 Post by timothyb89 »

I went out and got some normal Sony DVD-Rs. I do hope they will work better. Just need to burn the dvd, but Burn2ISO wasn't working. Any good windows apps for this?

Ted Dog

Burn2ISO wasn't working?

#5 Post by Ted Dog »

Try to setup DVD wizard to point to the DVD-burner, Sony DVD-R are some of the best made ( O.K. they are the best, however, I'm boycotting Sony for 9 more months) , I never had a problem with that brand. However, if you have a newer drive / DVD-R that are fast. You could have a 'too new' error I have read those disks do not like to be burned at slow speeds, Burn2ISO limits burns to X4 speed.

try from a terminal.

Code: Select all

growisofs -Z /dev/dvd=puppy.iso
where puppy.iso is the path/file you wish to burn. There must NOT be any spaces around the = sign. That will read the burn speed from the disc and adjust if able.

I have had a bad DL-DVD burner from AOPEN behave poorly, what model are you using?

timothyb89

#6 Post by timothyb89 »

burned multisession dvd, but only got an error when I tried to insert it so I could test it. It wouldn't boot. I wonder why? Well, I guess I'll try again.