Seamonkey mail client won't show email from Gmail

Please post any bugs you have found
tronkel

Seamonkey mail client won't show email from Gmail

#1 Post by tronkel »

Seamonkey is basically quite nice in Puppy2 Alpha - but I seem to have a problem with downloading POP3 emails from my Gmail Inbox.

It stubbornly refuses to download unread messages from the Gmail Inbox. Behaviour seems to alter if Gmail settings are tampered around with but latest unread messages are still invisible in the client.

Very puzzling :?: :?: :?:

Otherwise seems to be nice and solid. I'd give up using Firefox in Puppy if this could be fixed!
Life is too short to spend it in front of a computer

tronkel

Solution found for Seamonkey Gmail inbox problem

#2 Post by tronkel »

I seem to have found a work-around for this problem. I logged in to Gmail and went to the settings - pop/forwarding area. I then altered the main option to only download messages received from now on (radio button). I then went back to the Seamonkey mail client and deleted all of the messages that it had previously downloaded on the first abortive attempt(530 or so messages). It then started to correctly download any new messages from the Gmail inbox. This problem is therefore primarily to do with Gmail rather than Seamonkey maybe.

There might also however be a problem with Seamonkey in that there may be an inherent limit to the number of existing mails with which it can deal subsequently from the point when Seamonkey account is created.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use say a german spell-checker in the Seamonkey write-mail client?

Yeah I think now that I'll be mostly using Seamonkey as against Firefox. One of the main reasons for using Puppy is the excellent choice of properly set-up built-in applications. Good old Puppy! :D
Life is too short to spend it in front of a computer