Perhaps not a bug with savefiles but something else

Please post any bugs you have found
Q5sys

Perhaps not a bug with savefiles but something else

#1 Post by Q5sys »

I've noticed over the past year or so if I use an heavy encrypted save file... if I go to resize it on reboot and I accidently type in my password wrong... the save file is increased by whatever amount I choose, but I dont have any extra storage available to use. The system doesnt recognize that there is more spare there, and I continue to get low space warnings.

If I type my password properly... then there's no problem it loads properly and I have my new found space. But If I make a typo, I get the 'cant mount error', and even when I type it in correctly the next time... I dont have an extra space available to me. But the file has increased in space. I've tried this a few times intentionally and expanded my save file by 1gb, but the system still reads that I have 32mb free in my save file.

I'm not quite sure its a bug, but something is causing this behavior. I was just wondering if anyone was aware of why this might be so I can see if I can find a way around it. I use a complex password so occasionaly I do mistype it, even when Im trying hard not too.

bwh1969

pfix=fsck

#2 Post by bwh1969 »

Run pfix=fsck at boot.

Alternatively in another linux distro, you could run

Code: Select all

e2fsck /path/to/savefile
then just to make sure

Code: Select all

resize2fs /path/to/savefile
BTW, you can, while running another distro, increase your sive file by running:
dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=(additional_size-in_MB) >> /path/to/savefile
between the two commands above. I would probably run e2fsck again after that.