Puppy Linux Game System..

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
babynukeet

Puppy Linux Game System..

#1 Post by babynukeet »

I am new to the forum but i have a question...

I have been writing games in C with the Allegro Library and was thinking of using Puppy Linux on a remastered live CD as a loader for my games/programs. It would in theory work like a game platform, just place the Game CD in Rom drive and turn on the computer. Upon finishing the game remove CD and turn PC off. Would be easy to do in the "good old dos days" with a autoexec.bat file using a floppy but this method will not give access to the drivers that Linux would. I am thinking of using Puppy 5.1 Live CD and some scripting but I am not entirely sure how to remove a LIVE CD without shutting Puppy down 1st or if it is even possible.

Master_wrong

#2 Post by Master_wrong »

I am not entirely sure how to remove a LIVE CD without shutting Puppy down 1st or if it is even possible.
it is possible if you ram is enough, so entire puppy os will reside in ram. so you can remove live cd after booting.
if you install into flashdisk you will be asked if you want to put the os entirely into ram...

otherwise type "puppy pfix=ram" at boot
Cluster-Pup v.2-Puppy Beowulf Cluster
[url]http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=499199#499199[/url]