How to use Fujitsu Stylistic 3400 touchscreen in Lucid 5.2?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Hogweed

How to use Fujitsu Stylistic 3400 touchscreen in Lucid 5.2?

#1 Post by Hogweed »

I've just installed Lucid 5.2 on an old Fujitsu Stylistic 3400 (400 Mhz Pentium 3, 192 MB, 6 Gig disk) and want to try and get the touch screen drivers working. From a quick search it seems that this can be done using the "fpit" driver. Anyone running a touchscreen device with the fpit driver and what did you need to do to get it to run? I'll try later to get it setup myself and post back results but am hoping someone might have already done it and have an idiots guide they can post :-)

Hogweed

#2 Post by Hogweed »

Ok I've had limited success trying to configure the touchscreen as a standard serial mouse but when I try to use the native fpit driver I get an error which says that the version of fpit_drv which ships with Lucid 5.2 is unusable. Does anyone have a suitable driver or suggest what I'll need to recompile?

Here;s the X11 log

(II) LoadModule: "fpit"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/fpit_drv.so
(II) Module fpit: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 1.6.0, module version = 1.3.0
Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 4.0
(EE) module ABI major version (4) doesn't match the server's version (7)
(II) UnloadModule: "fpit"
(II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/fpit_drv.so
(EE) Failed to load module "fpit" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

Hogweed

#3 Post by Hogweed »

Yes!! Got it to work. Found the corrected driver at https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-sw ... d_i386.deb

Driver was broken in base Ubuntu Lucid. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/565540

I now have a working touchscreen. Just need an onscreen keyboard now. Anyone any suggestions as to what's best and works with Lucid 5.2?

edit: Installed xvkbd 3.0 from repository and everything is working. This edit from the 3400 using touchscreen and onscreen keyboard

cyberbass

any ideas on a Stylistic 5112?

#4 Post by cyberbass »

I am BRAND NEW to Linux, and have a stylistic st5112. Puppy 5.2 installed and works great, now about the pen-touch screen.... There is probably something obvious, but as a COMPLETE newbie, I don't understand all the lingo, nor where to look for log files if something isn't working. I did install the above link with the petget program. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hogweed

#5 Post by Hogweed »

You need to edit two files: /etc/rc.d/rc.local and /etc/X11/xorg.conf to initiate and then use the touchscreen hardware

Instructions here http://www.x.org/archive/X11R6.8.0/doc/fpit.4.html

The setserial lines go in rc.local and the other changes in xorg.conf

Google: fpit fujitsu linux

and you'll find a few more examples.

The log file is /var/log/Xorg.0.log

cyberbass

Working! almost...

#6 Post by cyberbass »

Thanks for the pointers, I did get it working after finding another post, and will do a complete write up when everything works flawlessly, seeing as how I haven't been able to find a comprehensive how-to for this machine.

The current dilemma is that when I boot from power off, the stylus is very erratic and not usable, but if I kill the Xwindow manager, and then startx from the prompt, it works great! too bad this computer doesn't have a native keyboard. So, if I can get this figured out, I'll post my efforts.

Thanks again.

prralex1

stylistic st5032 touchscreen, pen

#7 Post by prralex1 »

Hi, i posted similar topic under macpup forum but thought i'd cross post here as well.

i have a fujitsu stylistic st5032. problem being how to get the touch screen/ pen to work. the only success that i've had is by downloading bodhi linux which pics it up readily. however, after digging through it, i still can't figure out how. I've checked the xorg.conf file hoping for clues but nothing there.

i believe that it uses an usb interface.. but it's just a guess.. as anything serial i set up doesn't seem to work.

any help in this dilemma would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,
prralex1
:roll: