Epson Stylus C65 printer won't

Booting, installing, newbie
gaman

Epson Stylus C65 printer won't

#1 Post by gaman »

I've problem getting my Epson Stylus C65 (via paralled cable) to print. I managed to get cups into my puppy 1.08 (hd install) and also the printer driver using cups. Unfortunately, it can't print in a sensible manner. The first copy it printed some funny characters on the RHS of the paper then the following papers (one after another continuosly) just slipped through without any printing. It seems to have gone berserk.

Can any puppy guru guide me how to fix my problem? avascript:emoticon(':cry:')

dewdrop

printing problem

#2 Post by dewdrop »

Hi Gaman,

Have you looked at the CUPS printing thread by Rarsa? That might give you some help, even thou your printer is another brand.

dewdrop

gaman

#3 Post by gaman »

Yes, gone through all his instructions from steps: 1 to 12. Just tested again. It didn't print anything. I noticedthat the print head moved then the paper came out one by one continuosly without any printing done.

I like using puppy but I can't use my printer. This is a drawback. Hopefully the puppy guru will find a solution for all interested puppians to enable us to use our printers without any hindrances. Only then will the populations of puppians increase and defeat the MS world.

Anyway, thanks for the response.

gaman

#4 Post by gaman »

Did a fresh hd installation of puppy again. Then proceeded to install cups as per Rarsa instructions. My epson C65 still cannot print. How do I removed cups or whatever printer scripts that I've installed earlier on? Just wish to try installing the Rarsa step by step instructions again. In Vector I managed to get my printing working and I just can't give up on puppy. Hopefully the puppy guru has developed a cup dot-pup to make my life a little simple. Hehehe.