miss my puppybrowser

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
fenex2004

miss my puppybrowser

#1 Post by fenex2004 »

I like dillo ok, but have gotten used to the puppybrowser. In the 5.2 release, I tried to d/l it (pb-0.5.1.1-pup4) and i all went well until the libgee.so.0 and libgtkembededmoz.so came up missing. it won't even run after installing :( so, any ideas where i can find thee libraries or is there gong to be a 'fix' for it (maybe including the lib files in the d/l?)? Also, the PB-lucid-1.1, although it exists on a few of the listed repositories, does't meet the file size it's supposed to - can't even d/l it. arg :roll: :cry:

Anywho, I miss my old puppybrowser! I can use Dillo, but things just don't look the same in it.

GustavoYz

#2 Post by GustavoYz »

Hi fenex...
You mean the pBrowser on previous Lucid versions -like 501-?
The default one?
If you still have the Live-CD (or the ISO), i think that you could just try to copy the libgee files from it... Mount the main sfs file and check on /usr/lib (the missing file could be a symlink, just a thought).

I was playing with the SeaMonkey source code and libgtmembedmoz.so its there so get the tarball.

Hope it helps.
Attachments
Libggtkembedmoz.tar.gz
(33.49 KiB) Downloaded 576 times

fenex2004

#3 Post by fenex2004 »

Thanks, GustavoYz!

I didn't think about that. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the t-ball. It helped me get another one running as well. Reaally appreciate your input! That's an "ATTA_BOY" for you ! :D

GustavoYz

#4 Post by GustavoYz »

Glad to hear that.
Sometimes I miss the 'old' Pbrowser too...
Dillo? Oh... no-no, thanks. :D
Regards.

DM was on fire!

#5 Post by DM was on fire! »

Midori I think was the best choice for the default browser. It had the best of Firefox, Opera and SeaMonkey, and truth be told I'm not entirely sure why the switch?

majorfoo

Re: miss my puppybrowser

#6 Post by majorfoo »

fenex2004 wrote:I like dillo ok, but have gotten used to the puppybrowser. In the 5.2 release, I tried to d/l it (pb-0.5.1.1-pup4) and i all went well until the libgee.so.0 and libgtkembededmoz.so came up missing. it won't even run after installing :( so, any ideas where i can find thee libraries or is there gong to be a 'fix' for it (maybe including the lib files in the d/l?)? Also, the PB-lucid-1.1, although it exists on a few of the listed repositories, does't meet the file size it's supposed to - can't even d/l it. arg :roll: :cry:

Anywho, I miss my old puppybrowser! I can use Dillo, but things just don't look the same in it.
I also like puppybrowser - at one time there was a link to puppybrowser_lucid-1.1.pet, however, i cannot locate it
if you can find this version it requires libgee-20081125-i486.pet

I have used this successfully in luci series, lucid-5.20, spup-056 and snowpuppy-014

may playdayz can provide location since this was lucid pet. you might try pm to see if he still has this version

amigo

#7 Post by amigo »

So what was the puppybrowser anyway -can't you find the sources for it and rebuild to match your running libs?

Dougal

#8 Post by Dougal »

amigo wrote:So what was the puppybrowser anyway -can't you find the sources for it and rebuild to match your running libs?
It was something MU put together around gtkmozembed.
The sources are inside /usr/local/PuppyBrowser... but gtkmozembed doesn't exist anymore in newer Mozilla products.
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

playdayz

#9 Post by playdayz »

PuppyBrowser in Lucid 5.00 was based on Seamonkey 1.1.18, using the gtkmoz interface to the seamonkey gecko. It could be packaged to work, but it would not be any smaller than most other browsers, and it would be only as advfanced as seamonkey 1.1.18.

Someone could use xulrunner to make a PuppyBrowser out of new Firefox, and it could also be done with latest webkit.

majorfoo

Re: miss my puppybrowser

#10 Post by majorfoo »

fenex2004 wrote:I like dillo ok, but have gotten used to the puppybrowser. In the 5.2 release, I tried to d/l it (pb-0.5.1.1-pup4) and i all went well until the libgee.so.0 and libgtkembededmoz.so came up missing. it won't even run after installing :( so, any ideas where i can find thee libraries or is there gong to be a 'fix' for it (maybe including the lib files in the d/l?)? Also, the PB-lucid-1.1, although it exists on a few of the listed repositories, does't meet the file size it's supposed to - can't even d/l it. arg :roll: :cry:

playdayz has posted puppybrowser at

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... &start=645

check it out - works great in my full install of luci-255

fenex2004

#11 Post by fenex2004 »

:D W0oho0 :!: :!: Thanks for letting me know majorfoo AND

Thank you Playdayz :!: :D

Pelo

No browser in this Puppy ? choose Puppybrowser

#12 Post by Pelo »

Puppybrowser is very light but self doing to browse the web, youtube, and Facebook.
Connect your wireless network, then install your favourite one, or keep Puppybrowser.
Wireless, you cannot load any browser from web before being connected, clear ? You must use your personal packages. So keep PuppyBrowser in your toolcase. çà vous dépannera souvent.
puppybrowser-1.1-lucid.pet: 8694 K : keep it in your pocket .....