Classic Opera browser 12.16 [SFS] for Wary and Racy.etc

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Tman

#136 Post by Tman »

Thanks Terryphi,

I used your SFS as a model for my own. For those who are interested,
I made an Opera-12.02 pet and split the locales into a separate pet.
Without the locales, it's only 12MB :).

You can download them from ->here

Terryphi

#137 Post by Terryphi »

I have updated the Opera SFS to version 12.10 (build 1652). This release is a recommended security update.

Full details are in the first post in this thread.
[b]Classic Opera 12.16 browser SFS package[/b] for Precise, Slacko, Racy, Wary, Lucid, etc available[url=http://terryphillips.org.uk/operasfs.htm]here[/url] :)

Jasper

#138 Post by Jasper »

Hi Terryphi,

Thank you very much for the update, which I am using with Precise 5.4 PAE (although I have only 640MB RAM).

The md5 agrees and it seems to work as usual, but as shown in the screenshots there are two display oddities. One top left of screen and the other with the bottom right tray icon.

It may be all down to me as I have a 486 desktop (since no display oddity arises using Slacko 5.3.1), but I'll be grateful if you or any reader has any comment, suggestion or advice.

My regards
Attachments
Opera-1.png
(111.22 KiB) Downloaded 2543 times
Opera-2.png
(68.91 KiB) Downloaded 2327 times

Terryphi

#139 Post by Terryphi »

Jasper,

I have just tested on Precise 5.4 PAE and Racy and I am not seeing any display problems. You could try creating a new profile. I have seen other unrelated problems on upgrading while testing release candidates.

If you have time to do some tests you could temporarily rename /root/.opera/operaprefs.ini and restart Opera. It will load with default settings and create a new operaprefs.ini . Do you still see the problem?
[b]Classic Opera 12.16 browser SFS package[/b] for Precise, Slacko, Racy, Wary, Lucid, etc available[url=http://terryphillips.org.uk/operasfs.htm]here[/url] :)

Jasper

#140 Post by Jasper »

Hi Terryphi.

Thanks for your reply. You suggestion was quick and easy to try,
but the display oddities remained.

My regards

OscarTalks

#141 Post by OscarTalks »

Hello Jasper,

I have experienced those kind of display oddities and I found that changing my colour depth from 16 to 24 resolved it, ie ran xorg wizard and changed from 1024x768x16 to 1024x768x24
Oscar in England

Jasper

#142 Post by Jasper »

Hi OscarTalks,

That was an excellent talk. Thank you.

My regards to all

Terryphi - I'm delighted all is well as your sfs is a big favourite.

Terryphi

#143 Post by Terryphi »

I have updated the Opera SFS to version 12.11 (build 1661). This release is mainly a stability and security improvement.

backi

#144 Post by backi »

Hi !
Suffered the same problem as Jasper !
Followed advice from Oscar Talks Changed resolution to 1024X800X24.
Works...... thanks !

Terryphi

#145 Post by Terryphi »

I have updated the Opera SFS to version 12.12 (build 1707). This release includes bug fixes and security improvement.

linuph

#146 Post by linuph »

Got Opera 12.12 build 1707 running on Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.10 (3.4 kernel) after having it made into a PET. I uninstalled Firefox.

An Opera unrelated problem is that it is not recognized as 'defaultbrowser'. There is an 'opera.desktop' in usr/share/applications. I don't know how this works.

Can someone advise?

pemasu

#147 Post by pemasu »

Check file content of /usr/local/bin/defaultbrowser.

Cheers.

linuph

#148 Post by linuph »

Wow...that's quick! :D

Got it, working now. Thanks!

stifiling

#149 Post by stifiling »

anyone having problems with flash and jre not running in opera 12? it's recognized in 'about:plugins' but isn't working.

Terryphi

#150 Post by Terryphi »

stifiling wrote:anyone having problems with flash and jre not running in opera 12? it's recognized in 'about:plugins' but isn't working.
Which Puppy version are you using and what is the spec of your computer?
Computers with AMD Athlon processors do not work with later versions of Flash.

Flash Player needs certain mozilla libraries to work. Opera assumes that they are already present and does not cause confusion by duplicating them. Many mainstream Linux distros (Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Puppy, etc) include a Mozilla browser (Firefox or Seamonkey) as default browser and so the libs are already present. Some Puppy derivatives including Saluki have chosen not to include a Mozilla browser as default. However, I believe Jemimah made available a .pet of the libraries for Saluki users.

Terryphi

#151 Post by Terryphi »

I have updated the Opera SFS to version 12.13 (build 1734). This release includes security fixes.

Tote

#152 Post by Tote »

Thank you for this. I've been using your Opera sfs for a few months now, appreciate the regular updates.

Terryphi

#153 Post by Terryphi »

Some testers found that upgrading to 12.13 causes a crash when Opera first opens. This may be caused by the auto version check feature looping. If Opera crashes and you see the Report problem screen select 'do not restart' to get out of the loop.

If the problem persists you can try this:

Open Preferences Editor ( opera:config) and search for Disable Opera Package AutoUpdate. Click to select and save. This is no loss as the feature does not work in Linux anyway!

LATER: I have not been able to replicate this problem but it did occur on one of my computers. It is safe to update to 12.13.

Semme

#154 Post by Semme »

WOW! Before ya know it, it's :roll: 12.14. Not nearly what FF's update cycle is.. :lol:
Attachments
op_12.14.jpg
(7.33 KiB) Downloaded 1875 times

Terryphi

#155 Post by Terryphi »

I have updated the Opera SFS to version 12.14 (build 1738). This release fixes the crash loop bug seen by some users.