Classic Opera browser 12.16 [SFS] for Wary and Racy.etc

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Terryphi

#181 Post by Terryphi »

IMPORTANT SECURITY NOTICE

Anyone using my Opera 12.16 SFS need to be aware of a security issue.

Opera 12.16 has SSL 3 enabled by default but this is now considered an insecure protocol and should be disabled. In Opera go to Tools>Preferences>Advanced>Security>Security Protocols and disable SSL 3. Then enable TLS 1 and save settings.
[b]Classic Opera 12.16 browser SFS package[/b] for Precise, Slacko, Racy, Wary, Lucid, etc available[url=http://terryphillips.org.uk/operasfs.htm]here[/url] :)

Henry

Classic Opera Browser SFS (corrected my mistake)

#182 Post by Henry »

Hello Terry, and everyone else who has been and is working with you on this excellent and seemingly perpetual browser. I picked it up early, back in the nineties, and have used it ever since. I didn't stop using it when it became free.

Having said that, I am writing to comment on a couple of things, including a problem which may or may not be a problem in the browser, First the easy one..
The type in the bookmarks fiels is really tiny. I keep whipping out the magnifying glass. I've changed the screen resolution from 2048 to 1024 wide. This helps but not nearly enough.

That's usable, but the serious problem (for me) is that I can't get webmail to work. This should be simple, and I used it for years in older Operas. What am I missing? Webmail is used more than ever. Hopefully you can just tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have a very clean installation, following the advice on your comment sheet. Older Operas from a few years ago included the URL and the passwords of the several participants in the bookmarks. I see no such names in the current bookmarks. I would expect them to be included at first use. How is webmail (i.e. SquirrelMail) handled? Otherwise a very agile browser.

-EDIT_ Apologies for my mistake! I found the error. Related to the small type and my failing vision. The Squirrelmail address starts out "shared1/ . . . I had left out the trailing slash, but didn't notice despite looking many times. I am sorry. Looks like your Opera is fine in that respect.WebMail works! It had nothing to do with the bookmarks.

Thanks!.

Henry
Last edited by Henry on Sun 05 Jul 2015, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.

ebisu

#183 Post by ebisu »

Funny: In a much older version 11.64 SSL 3 is disabled by default.