Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 01:55
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Classic Opera browser 12.16 [SFS] for Wary and Racy.etc
Page 13 of 13 [183 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13
Terryphi

PostPosted: Wed 24 Dec 2014, 10:32    Post subject:  

IMPORTANT SECURITY NOTICE

Anyone using my Opera 12.16 SFS need to be aware of a security issue.

Opera 12.16 has SSL 3 enabled by default but this is now considered an insecure protocol and should be disabled. In Opera go to Tools>Preferences>Advanced>Security>Security Protocols and disable SSL 3. Then enable TLS 1 and save settings.

Henry

PostPosted: Fri 03 Jul 2015, 22:08    Post subject: Classic Opera Browser SFS (corrected my mistake)  

Hello Terry, and everyone else who has been and is working with you on this excellent and seemingly perpetual browser. I picked it up early, back in the nineties, and have used it ever since. I didn't stop using it when it became free.

Having said that, I am writing to comment on a couple of things, including a problem which may or may not be a problem in the browser, First the easy one..
The type in the bookmarks fiels is really tiny. I keep whipping out the magnifying glass. I've changed the screen resolution from 2048 to 1024 wide. This helps but not nearly enough.

That's usable, but the serious problem (for me) is that I can't get webmail to work. This should be simple, and I used it for years in older Operas. What am I missing? Webmail is used more than ever. Hopefully you can just tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have a very clean installation, following the advice on your comment sheet. Older Operas from a few years ago included the URL and the passwords of the several participants in the bookmarks. I see no such names in the current bookmarks. I would expect them to be included at first use. How is webmail (i.e. SquirrelMail) handled? Otherwise a very agile browser.

-EDIT_ Apologies for my mistake! I found the error. Related to the small type and my failing vision. The Squirrelmail address starts out "shared1/ . . . I had left out the trailing slash, but didn't notice despite looking many times. I am sorry. Looks like your Opera is fine in that respect.WebMail works! It had nothing to do with the bookmarks.

Thanks!.

Henry

Last edited by Henry on Sat 04 Jul 2015, 22:01; edited 1 time in total
ebisu

PostPosted: Sat 04 Jul 2015, 01:23    Post subject:  

Funny: In a much older version 11.64 SSL 3 is disabled by default.
Page 13 of 13 [183 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: