Idea: adopt ROX-Filer

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
amigo

#46 Post by amigo »

Yes, I think 'flat' would be an accurate way to describe what flash is referring to. That is, directory entries are shown expanded. All the existing filers and file/dir choosers which use a tree start with directory entries collapsed. A directory chooser will not even show files. And most such 'widgets' only show directories in the left-pane 'tree' view. Clicking on the little '+' expands the view in the left pane if there are subdirs inside. Otherwise, the clicked item in the left pane gets its' contents shown in the right pane -all files.

Anyway, I got samplecat compiled so I can show a screenshot without all the Schnick-Schnack:

The window actually shows two left-right paned views. The top is of files which have been selected for sampling. The main file navigator section is the larger pane below, with the dirtree view on the left and the right side showing the listview from rox-filer. The dirtree view is from gqview. I'm not really competent enough with C/GTK+ to carry out such a job on ROX. For someone who is capable, it would about as easy to do for the old gtk1 or new rox gtk2 version as there is the gqview code for both gtk1 and gtk2. I am gonna look at all though -maybe I can start and then 'steal' some tips from others more expert than me...
Attachments
samplecat.jpg
Simple screenshot of 'filer' functions of samplecat
(122.1 KiB) Downloaded 268 times