GUI to download LibreOffice - beta quality

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
01micko

#256 Post by 01micko »

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:version 30 appears to be working as well as the others have for me with just one little bit of weirdness: it told me i had 248 version of libreoffice to choose to build from and listed blank spaces and music files. 414 and 406 were among the choices, so not a big deal, just a bit odd.

created sfs file works fine--thanks again, 01micko! (precise 561 fwiw. LO files made under it using your program have been documented to work in 5.5, 5.6, 5.7 (upup), 531 slacko, 5.5 slacko, wheezy---). really cool.

here's a shot of the weirdness:

:lol: .. an amusing conflict.. anyway I'll fix it, just a matter of making sure the temp files are unique.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Puppus Dogfellow

#257 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

01micko wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:version 30 appears to be working as well as the others have for me with just one little bit of weirdness: it told me i had 248 version of libreoffice to choose to build from and listed blank spaces and music files. 414 and 406 were among the choices, so not a big deal, just a bit odd.

created sfs file works fine--thanks again, 01micko! (precise 561 fwiw. LO files made under it using your program have been documented to work in 5.5, 5.6, 5.7 (upup), 531 slacko, 5.5 slacko, wheezy---). really cool.

here's a shot of the weirdness:

:lol: .. an amusing conflict.. anyway I'll fix it, just a matter of making sure the temp files are unique.
micko, i was wondering if you could modify the script so that it doesn't necessitate the unloading of the previous sfs/the uninstallation of the previous pet. the temp file weirdness actually brings a little suspense to the build process so you may want to leave that part unchanged.

:D

01micko

#258 Post by 01micko »

Well, the feature of stopping the program if libreoffice is loaded is so users won't jam up their system and make a mess, however I suppose I could make it more developer friendly. I'll see what I can do.. perhaps add a CLI switch. The last thing noobs need is another confusing gui option.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Puppus Dogfellow

#259 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

01micko wrote:Well, the feature of stopping the program if libreoffice is loaded is so users won't jam up their system and make a mess, however I suppose I could make it more developer friendly. I'll see what I can do.. perhaps add a CLI switch. The last thing noobs need is another confusing gui option.
after requesting the change i figured it was there to keep people from having things pile up, but yeah, the process can pretty much choke the machine (if i understand you correctly).

the interface is very straightforward. you can add a "be sure to unload your sfs before you load this one" or a similar pop-up. and maybe, "your system may be floundering about for the next few minutes if you know you don't want to build in ram..." i have one machine that doesn't notice the process, one that can do nothing else during it, and a 2 gig machine that makes me wonder, how much ram do you need to build in ram and what are the advantages? (speed, i'm guessing. usb installs, the first page informs me...2gig...or minimum of one and one...).

anyway, thanks again.

shinobar

get_libreoffice-0.29.1

#260 Post by shinobar »

LibreOfice has large icons up to 512x521 which makes large icon cache on pupsave.
Removed icons 128x128 and larger:
get_libreoffice-0.29.1.pet
http://shino.pos.to/party/bridge.cgi?puppy/opt/pup5/
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

JustGreg

#261 Post by JustGreg »

Thank you for the script to get and make a sfs for LibreOffice. I took your pet version 0.29 and extracted the script. I used the script with Fatdog64 700 beta2 to create a sfs for the latest 64 bit English version (4.3.4) of LibreOffice.
If anyone is interested, the sfs can be found here: http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/contrib/sfs/700/
Thanks again for the great tool.
Enjoy life, Just Greg
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Puppus Dogfellow

#262 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

JustGreg wrote:Thank you for the script to get and make a sfs for LibreOffice. I took your pet version 0.29 and extracted the script. I used the script with Fatdog64 700 beta2 to create a sfs for the latest 64 bit English version (4.3.4) of LibreOffice.
If anyone is interested, the sfs can be found here: http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/contrib/sfs/700/
Thanks again for the great tool.
LibreOffice-4.3.4_64_en-US_xz.sfs mirrored, and the proper authorities (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=85915) notified.

BobSongs

#263 Post by BobSongs »

Heya 01Micko! :)

I downloaded get_libreoffice-0.30.pet from this thread because 0.29 is giving me an odd error message lately:

[Failed to download . Please try again later]

Suggestions, notes, on the script get_libreoffice-0.30.pet.

1. Availability. While script get_libreoffice-0.30.pet is considered a beta, I suggest adding it to the first page of the thread. The impression I got by not seeing it as part of the list is that there is no version later than get_libreoffice-0.29.pet.

2. Locales. Is there something I could modify in the script itself to allow me to get LibreOffice under the locale en_CA.UTF-8? A noticeable difference between 0.29 and 0.30b is the disappearance of the locales choice. Note: I can right-click the ruler bar to switch in to cm, however settings in documents created in Windows run into some interesting oddities! :D Tab demarcations done in the metric system end up with 3 digits (0.374) that LibreOffice doesn't actually support.

LibreOffice 32-bit version 4.4.1. Happy to answer any questions if something above doesn't have enough details. LibreOffice_4.4.1_Linux_x86_deb.tar.gz was once downloadable but no longer is, it seems.

EDIT: I've downloaded LibreOffice_4.4.1_Linux_x86_deb.tar.gz and LibreOffice_4.4.1_Linux_x86_deb_helppack_en-US.tar.gz. Is there a set of commands to convert these into .SFS files myself at the command prompt?

smokey01

#264 Post by smokey01 »

01micko is taking a seachange at the moment.

Attached below is a script from Fatdog-700, written by jamesbond, that worked for me. I was in FD700 though but it may work in other distros. Report how you get on.
BobSongs wrote:I downloaded get_libreoffice-0.30.pet from this thread because 0.29 is giving me an odd error message lately:

[Failed to download . Please try again later]

Suggestions, notes, on the script get_libreoffice-0.30.pet.
Attachments
getlibre.sh.tar.gz
Script to download LibreOffice and make a SFS. Run it from a terminal.
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 573 times

BobSongs

#265 Post by BobSongs »

Heya Smokey01!

Thank you so much for your speedy response. It is appreciated. I will download it immediately and post successes, etc.

EDIT #1: hehehe, the script halts very early on. It looks for a file called /bin/dash. Wondering what the heck "dash" was, I did a search under PupControl's Add/Remove Programs. Having found nothing that resembles that name I opened the script in LeafPad and saw this:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/dash
and I just had to chuckle.

Correcting it to #!/bin/bash the script seems to be working just fine. More to follow.

EDIT #2: The script was written for 64-bit LibreOffice. My copy of Puppy is still running in 32-bit.

I've edited the LibreOffice site references in the script to reflect x86/ instead of x86_64/. Results to follow. (If this works, I'll post the corrected script as a downloadable option).

EDIT #3: So, it seems dash is a scaled down version of bash (news to me). So, I'm going to install dash and see if this helps with the execution of the script.

The script fails to execute step #8:

# 8. extract package
for p in $MAIN_PKG $HELP_PKG $LANG_PKG; do
	echo $(eval echo `gettext 'Extracting $p'`)
	tar -xf ${p}.${PKGFORMAT}
done
I imagine this is the same as running tar -xf on each of the 4 downloaded packages, so I can do this manually.

rerwin

get_libreoffice-0.30.1

#266 Post by rerwin »

LibreOffice 4.4 requires a change to the versions of get_libreoffice posted in this thread. I discovered that shinobar created a 0.29.2 version that provides that change. The problem is that what previously was in /usr/bin (& /share) moved to /usr/local/bin (& /share) in the 4.4 series. Shinobar's fix is to move those /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/share components back to /usr/bin and /usr/share.

In building the "plus" versions of Lucid Pup 5.2.8.7 I discovered the need for a tool to build a "libreoffice*.files" file for the /root/.packages directory so that remasterpup2 would copy the files in /root, /etc and /var into the remastered puppy. The tool is "sfs_filelist", to be run just before making a squash file from a directory, to add the ".files" file to that directory. It can also be used to build that file for an existing SFS file but places the ".files" file into the current .packages directory, in preparation for a remaster.

To make a version of get_libreoffice for everyone else to obtain libreoffice, I merged shinobar's and my additions into 01micko's get_libreoffice-0.30 to make get_libreoffice-0.30.1.

Here are the changes to 0.30:

diff -ru glo-0.30/get_libreoffice glo-0.30.1/get_libreoffice
--- glo-0.30/get_libreoffice	2013-11-27 16:17:31.000000000 -0500
+++ glo-0.30.1/get_libreoffice	2015-07-02 11:09:17.000000000 -0400
@@ -41,11 +41,14 @@
 #0.27 20130219 added gui to opt out of RAM build
 #0.28 20130310 bugfix with default* files
 #0.29 20130807 bugfix for low RAM full installs
+#0.29.1 20140802 shinobar: remove large icons
+#0.29.2 20150627 shinobar: move /usr/local to /usr
 #0.30 20131128 wrap find targets in '', add / to ./ oath, add more logging, vicmz
+#0.30.1 20150701 rerwin: create package file list for /root and /etc

MYPATH=$0
 MYNAME=$(basename "$0")      
-VERSION=0.30
+VERSION=0.30.1
 export TEXTDOMAIN=get_libreoffice
 export OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8
 #eval_gettext() {
@@ -604,9 +607,9 @@
     if [ -f printeradmin.desktop ];then #131128
      EXECP=`grep -w Exec printeradmin.desktop`
      if [[ "$MAJ_MAJ" = 3 && $LIBOminorver -lt 4 ]];then
-     sed -i "s|$EXECP|padmin|" printeradmin.desktop
-      else
-     sed -i "s|$EXECP|Exec=${EXEC_PREFIX}printeradmin|" printeradmin.desktop
+      sed -i "s|$EXECP|padmin|" printeradmin.desktop
+     else
+      sed -i "s|$EXECP|Exec=${EXEC_PREFIX}printeradmin|" printeradmin.desktop
      fi
     fi

@@ -635,6 +638,13 @@
 	#MIMEICONDIR=usr/local/apps/ROX-Filer/ROX/MIME #fails, maybe need to create a skeleton and move to $HOME
 	mkdir -p ./workdir/${MIMEICONDIR}
 	cd ./workdir
+
+	#20150627 shinobar: move /usr/local to /usr
+	if [ -d ./usr/local/share ]; then
+	  mkdir -p ./usr/share
+	  mv ./usr/local/bin usr; mv ./usr/local/share/* ./usr/share && rm -fr ./usr/local
+	fi
+
 	#word
 	for word in application_msword application_rtf application_vnd.oasis.opendocument.text application_vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template application_vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
 	 do
@@ -660,6 +670,11 @@
 	#base
 	cp usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/${LOEXEC}${LIBO_MAJ_VER}-base.png  ${MIMEICONDIR}/application_vnd.oasis.opendocument.database.png

+	#20140802 shinobar: remove large icons
+	for S in 512 256 128; do
+	  rm -fr usr/share/icons/hicolor/${S}x${S}
+    done
+
 	cd -
 	#END MIME ICONS
 	#mime scripts ###########################################
@@ -728,6 +743,10 @@
 	fi
 	rm -f /tmp/libre_xtra_for_naming
 	LIBOBUILD=LibreOffice-${LIBO_VER}${LANGLIB}${EXTRA}${COMP}
+
+	#20150701 Generate root & etc file list for remastering, using squashfile name
+	[ "$(which sfs_filelist)" ] && sfs_filelist workdir ${LIBOBUILD}
+
 	echo "rxvt -bg darkgreen -fg yellow -geometry 80x10 -title \"$INFOMSG3 ${LIBOBUILD}.sfs\" -e mksquashfs workdir ${LIBOBUILD}.sfs "$OPTION"" > /tmp/get_libre_sfs
 	. /tmp/get_libre_sfs
 	rm -f /tmp/get_libre_sfs
Attachments
get_libreoffice-0.30.1.pet
Updated to build libreoffice-4.4+ squash file to be consistent with puppy architecture.
(27.27 KiB) Downloaded 576 times
sfs_filelist-20150702.pet
Builds root/.packages/libreoffice...files file for root, etc and var directories,
to have them included in a remaster.
(1.2 KiB) Downloaded 556 times

slavvo67

#267 Post by slavvo67 »

Rerwin:

This worked very well but the menu icons/entries did not reflect in my Quirky April test. They do appear in /usr/share/applications so a simple drag and drop to the Desktop does the trick, nicely.

Thanks for this.

Slavvo67

Puppus Dogfellow

#268 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

slavvo67 wrote:Rerwin:

Thanks for this.

Slavvo67
a thanks from me, too, Rerwin.

:D

ASRI éducation

Re: get_libreoffice-0.30.1

#269 Post by ASRI éducation »

rerwin wrote:get_libreoffice-0.30.1
Thank you.
Projet ASRI éducation => [url=http://asri-education.org/]Association[/url] | [url=http://forum.asri-education.org/]Forum[/url] | [url=http://dl01.asri-education.org/]Dépôt[/url] | [url=http://kids.asri-education.org/]Espace kids[/url]

vicmz

#270 Post by vicmz »

Thank you, Rerwin.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

shinobar

#271 Post by shinobar »

Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

ASRI éducation

#272 Post by ASRI éducation »

French translation attached.

Regards
Attachments
get_libreoffice-0.30.1_fr_20150725.tar.gz
.mo file
(2.94 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
Projet ASRI éducation => [url=http://asri-education.org/]Association[/url] | [url=http://forum.asri-education.org/]Forum[/url] | [url=http://dl01.asri-education.org/]Dépôt[/url] | [url=http://kids.asri-education.org/]Espace kids[/url]

stemsee

#273 Post by stemsee »

@rerwin

Regarding sfs_list I wrote a script that did a similar thing, the purpose was to remove a devx module after it had been remastered in. I ran into the problem of the symlinks and how to deal or revert them. I will try your script.

As for get_libbreoffice version 5 is not in stable nor in testing it is in fresh: I wondered if the script accommodates fresh?

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/li ... sion=5.0.0

cheers
stemsee

disallowed

#274 Post by disallowed »

Thanks for get_libreoffice-0.30.1

L18L

#275 Post by L18L »

@rerwin
Thanks for get_libreoffice-0.30.1

As there are 3 stable versions now I have made 0.30.2 (attached).

#0.30.2 20150829 L18L: kill 'please wait'; TEXT for more than 2 versions
German translation attached.

EDIT
buggy version of get_libreoffice.gz deleted
use fixed version 4 posts down please
Attachments
MoManager-de-.tar.gz
German translation
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
libre_more_versions.png
(8.6 KiB) Downloaded 992 times
libre_Please_wait.png
it is OK now in version 0.30.2
(7.32 KiB) Downloaded 908 times
Last edited by L18L on Sun 06 Sep 2015, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.