Firefox Menu Entries for Firefox direct from Mozilla

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
mikeslr

Firefox Menu Entries for Firefox direct from Mozilla

#1 Post by mikeslr »

This pet will create a menu entry for any Firefox you download directly from Mozilla. It assumes you unpacked the download other than in your SaveFile, more particularly in your /mnt/home folder which is the drive or partition where your Puppy installation files are located. If you run more than one Puppy, by using this pet in each, each Puppy can access the same firefox files, with the exception of those in the .mozilla folder that is created in your home folder. Your home folder is the one which opens when you click the desktop "file" icon. Moving .mozilla out of that folder is strongly recommended, and instruction on how to do so will be found at the below link.

A few words of caution. Firefox requires dbus which is not included in a download from Mozilla. Most Puppys already have it. If firefox direct from Mozilla doesn't run, its probably easier to install a firefox pet or use a firefox SFS than to try to install dbus. Firefox direct from Mozilla doesn't include Flash. Flash is often installed by the creator of a Puplet. If not, you'll have to install Flash pet, or in Luci or Lupu you can install a Flash .deb from Ubuntu, or the Ubuntu Flash.deb from Adobe.

For further discussion, and the pet, go to:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 408#506408

mikesLr

cowboy

thank you

#2 Post by cowboy »

mikeslr,

Thank you for this. I've been reading, with interest, your posts on using /mnt/home for program folders. A great idea, and a great little utility.
[i]"you fix what you can fix and you let the rest go.."[/i] - Cormac McCarthy - No Country For Old Men.