Firefox 4 Tor Browser

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Dromeno

Firefox 4 Tor Browser

#1 Post by Dromeno »

Is there somebody on the forum who can/will make a pet of the new (fast) Firefox 4 Tor version:

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/firefo ... s-gnulinux

plus a few extra's. namely:

Optional option to include pre-configured pidgin and/or torchat in the bundle

and, this is on my wishlist for some time but I do not know how to do it: Tor provides a hidden option to host a website on your machine (or IRC channel, or forum, or other service) with TOR IP-adress protection.

so... is there somebody with the skills and time to include a program/menu with "publish a website with TOR protection"?

I think this would be a great help for whistleblowers etc.

If Tor in this way can be combined with seamonkey instead of firefox then the publication and mainentance of such a machine-based website would be super easy.

So... is there somebody willing to... please?

Guy

#2 Post by Guy »

Usually the Tor browser bundle 'just works' on puppy. Just download the Linux version unpack it & run the 'start-tor-browser file'. It is fussy about the system clock being correct & who has ownership of the files.

Dromeno

There is more

#3 Post by Dromeno »

yes, the tor browser works immediately in puppy.

But to use the hidden features more configutarion is needed. I suppose that Hiawatha and didiwiki can be made to work via tor / vidalia in puppy. I hope somebody will make such a pre-configured pet

The most user-friendly option would probably be to make all Opera unite functions work in tor but opera is not open source so I suppose that will not be the case soon.