Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 27 Jun 2017, 20:35
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Printers
Samsung Printer/Scanner Drivers - Updated 2013
Page 6 of 6 [80 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
DrDeaf

PostPosted: Sun 08 Mar 2015, 23:33    Post subject:  

@rcrsn51
I won't be back to this location until November. I will, however, try the CMS database then and post results. Not to throw stones at the C460, but the printer has its limits.. Laughing
Thanks again!
simes

PostPosted: Tue 13 Oct 2015, 11:20    Post subject: Samsung M2070W  

Hello, just posting to say thankyou to rscrn51 for maintaining this thread and the driver PET for so long. I'm on an occasional visit to my mother's (a long drive) and she has an old PC on which I installed Puppy 5.2.8 a long time ago, because it wouldn't run anything much else. Today I took her a new Samsung M2070W mono laser all-in-one and at first struggled to get it working. (The Samsung Unified Driver works well on Ubuntu-based releases of Puppy where .deb files can be installed directly but not on 5.2.8.) But having searched the forums and found this thread, the PET worked fine and the printer, which is wireless-LAN connected, is working fine using this driver and ipp:// protocol.

Now to see if I can get the scanner to be recognised via the LAN too! But the printing is the important job and that's done.
01101001b

PostPosted: Wed 08 Mar 2017, 21:39    Post subject: Samsung Xpress m2020w in LxPup 16.07
Subject description: Working at last!

I want just to thanks to rcrsn51 for this thread and effort. It took me 4 days to install my m2020w successfully in my LxPup Xenial 16.07. It took long because samsung_print-uld.1.0.37.pet in Mediafire didn't work in my system and drivers in Samsung page work great in Ubuntu but didn't in LxPup either (CUPS installs printer great also but then again to no avail).

Nonetheless, later than sooner, I could understand my mistake: Using content of samsung_print-uld.1.0.37 file as a guide, I put each and every file in place, and, trying to print from CUPS, nothing happened, except this error: "Filter Fail".

This happened because I understood very late that some files containing text in the pet were indeed (or rather they should be) "symbolic links" after installation.

Correcting the mistake, printer worked flawlessly Smile

Thx!

PS: This is my first post here. Sorry if I made (again) another mistake Razz

Last edited by 01101001b on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 20:16; edited 1 time in total
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Thu 09 Mar 2017, 07:00    Post subject: Re: Samsung Xpress m2020w in LxPup 16.07

01101001b wrote:
It took long because samsung_print-uld.1.0.37.pet in Mediafire doesn't work at all

I checked this in Tahrpup 605. The PET downloaded and installed correctly. My Samsung SCX-3200 installed correctly in CUPS. There were no problems.

I cannot comment on LxPup.
01101001b

PostPosted: Sat 11 Mar 2017, 20:27    Post subject: Re: Samsung Xpress m2020w in LxPup 16.07

rcrsn51 wrote:
01101001b wrote:
It took long because samsung_print-uld.1.0.37.pet in Mediafire doesn't work at all

I checked this in Tahrpup 605. [...] There were no problems. I cannot comment on LxPup.

Sorry, my bad Sad You're right. I've changed my post accordingly. And thanks again! (because of your work I could find a way to make my printer work like a charm) Cool
Page 6 of 6 [80 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Printers
Jump to: