Multisession Puppy not working with slot-in drives

Please post any bugs you have found
Dynalon

Multisession Puppy not working with slot-in drives

#1 Post by Dynalon »

The problem with puppy linux (i think it was warry) is, that upon shutdown, puppy will ask you to burn the changes to the multisession disk. You then need to put the disk into the drive (but not close the tray) and hit enter.

The problem with slot-in drives is, they have no tray. You need to put the disk in. If you press then Enter, puppy send the eject signal to the drive (which will close the tray if its open) but it will actually eject the disc again on slot-in drives. So you cannot use the multisession feature at all at slot in drives.

please consider another way of handling this. Slot-in drives are very popular, especially with external version and newer net/notebooks are often shipped without any cdrom drive anymore.

Additionally, nearly all of apple computer come with a slot in drive for years: macbook (+ pro), mac mini, macbook air.

It would be great to have the multisession support on those machines!

Thanx for such a great linud distro and keep up the good work!

Ted Dog

#2 Post by Ted Dog »

I do recall that happening on fatdog. wary is for older machines I am running multisession on an mac mini would you be interested in a version for macs?