Problem with X server when rebooting in Puppy 2.0A

Please post any bugs you have found
slvrldy17

Problem with X server when rebooting in Puppy 2.0A

#1 Post by slvrldy17 »

After booting Puppy 2.0 from the CD and doing the usual set up chores ( downloading DotPups, etc.) to set up for normal use and then running the backup/persistant image script on shutdown Puppy will reboot OK several times and then for some reason X will refuse to start. What you get is a normal boot sequence up to the point that the X server is supposed to start and instead of X starting you get a comand prompt (?). Typing "xorgwizard" at this point brings up the usual set up screens and at the conclusion X still does not start - your back to the prompt. Doesn't matter wether you choose Xvesa or Xorg - no X start and and the only way out is to either type "poweroff" or to reboot with a different version of Puppy. WTF? This has happened several times and I'm not sure just what is causing it. If someone with a better knowledge of the way puppy 2.0A is set up would like to look at it and will send me some instructions on copying and sending the save file I'll send it - I'm really curious about what is causing this problem.

Thanks,

Alice

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

I haven't had that problem, but then the puppy2 I'm using has evolved a bit since that alpha2 release.

So, I think I need to give a high priority to getting a puppy2alpha2 released.
Maybe another week.

slvrldy17

New 2.0 Alpha coming....

#3 Post by slvrldy17 »

Barry,

Not really surprised by the bugs that have shown up in the current Alpha release. That sort of goes with the territory. I've pretty much quit trying to work with the current version but will resume when you get the Alpha 2 released.

Thanks,

Alice