Word press for Barry's news

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Nathan F

#16 Post by Nathan F »

It would be nice to see some links to the bug tracker on the other Puppy sites.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

jmarsden

#17 Post by jmarsden »

Nathan F wrote:It would be nice to see some links to the bug tracker on the other Puppy sites.
That is probably best delayed until we can get it to be visible at http://bugs.puppylinux.org which is intended to be a fairly permanent name for it, no matter who hosts it longer term.

BarryK is working on getting a CNAME added to the DNS for puppylinux.org, so that bugs.puppylinux.org points to tracker.nfshost.com for us.

With 1.0.9 coming out fairly soon and 40+ suggestions to go through from forum posters before it does... we needed to do *something* quickly :-)

Jonathan

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Re: Word press for Barry's news

#18 Post by Lobster »

Nathan F wrote:Hey Barry, if you're reading this-
I was using Wordpress for quite a while for my own news blog (for Grafpup) and I think it's a really nice idea.
Nathan
This is what I find on the right of your blog Nathan
# 03/06/2006
<div align="justify">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n

# More server packaging
03/04/2006
<div align="justify">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs

# Monkey webserver and php5
03/03/2006
<div align="justify">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs
I also posted a long comment about Grafpup and Puppy etc and it was lost saying the error would be reported - so maybe you got it?

Why did you move from wordpress to the simpler? system you are using now?

Anyway sorry to bring bad news :( but hopefully you will make good of it :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Nathan F

#19 Post by Nathan F »

The code you're seeing has to do with the fact that those posts are using html code, as I was playing with the formatting. Not sure why your comments would disappear, I tested it pretty thoroughly to be sure it would work.

The reason for the switch had a little to do with my bandwidth issues. I had to temporarily move everything to my home server, and I didn't yet have MySQL running right on it. I kind of liked the way the new software was working out so I stuck with it for a while.

I've actually got MySQL up and running now at home so I may switch back to Wordpress. I've managed to set things up so I can boot Grafpup or Vector and have the same servers running, with a trial installation of phpBB and earlier today I got Wordpress working as well. So anyway I now have the capability to mirror all of grafpup.com from home.

Sorry, not my intention to hijack the thread at all.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

BarryK
Puppy Master

#20 Post by BarryK »

Nathan, there's a blog plugin for phpBB. It's called "phpbbblog" and created by people called "outshine" -- I don't recall the url, but found them via freshmeat.
I downloaded it, as the description is very interesting. I was particularly interested in its ability to be embedded into ordinary html pages and link back into the main phpbb forum.