Can't use USB mouse or keyboard

Booting, installing, newbie
wotnowe

Can't use USB mouse or keyboard

#1 Post by wotnowe »

Hi all,
This would be the distro to beat all if i could just get the darn usb mouse and kb to work on any of 5 different systems.

All are p4 systems, and not one will work with 1.06-1.08 on them.
I have read all I can find on usb m/kb on the forum but nothing seems to work.

modprobe usbkbd, modprobe usbmouse is no good for me so far, and modprobe -r usbhid will kill the ps2 kb as well.

Bios is set properly for usb keyboard as I use the same setup on these boxes for all os installs. DSL works fine,and so does Feather,Sp2 and all hotplug distro's I have tried.

This is an hd install, but I have same problem booting fron livecd. I have tried both Xorg ,and the other server to no avail. (forget now what it is and am on an xp box at this time)

This is an issue for several people as far as I can tell from the posts on the forum and pray someone can take the time to help find an answer.

HELPMEIFUCAN PLEASE... cause I love this Puppy!!!

slvrldy17

USB Mice

#2 Post by slvrldy17 »

Found out that Puppy in his current form has problems with some USB mice - what worked for me was switching to a simple two button/scroll wheel mouse - if memory serves Barry K. wrote in his developer news that he has updated/changed the script for USB devices to address this problem. When this change will be out I don't know but am hoping to see it in the next Puppy 2.0Alpha release. Problem seems to be that if a mouse has extra function keys/buttons and/or trackballs etc. Puppy won't recognize it and the cursor moves only in a jerky vertical orientation with no control with the left or right buttons. Haven't had any probs with keyboards so can't advise you there. Hope this helps you out.

Alice

wotnowe

#3 Post by wotnowe »

Thank's for reply, gotta be something with Logitech single cable receiver.