PupSnap and Viewnior problem

Miscellaneous tools
bleepingbeep

PupSnap and Viewnior problem

#1 Post by bleepingbeep »

The new version is working fine for me (running Lucid 5.2.5). Thanks for this tool -- I love it.

The only issue I have is this: When viewing an image in Viewnior (the default picture viewer), I'd like to be able to capture/crop a portion of it using PupSnap. But when I invoke it with Ctrl-Shift-S, Viewnior and the picture disappear before I can mark the capture area.

This does NOT happen if I'm using Gimp, mtPaint, etc.

Anyone else encounter this or have a fix? Thanks.
Lucid Puppy 5.2.5 frugal install on SD card in Eee PC (earliest model, given new life by Puppy)

radky

Re: PupSnap and Viewnior problem

#2 Post by radky »

bleepingbeep wrote:The new version is working fine for me (running Lucid 5.2.5). Thanks for this tool -- I love it.

The only issue I have is this: When viewing an image in Viewnior (the default picture viewer), I'd like to be able to capture/crop a portion of it using PupSnap. But when I invoke it with Ctrl-Shift-S, Viewnior and the picture disappear before I can mark the capture area.

This does NOT happen if I'm using Gimp, mtPaint, etc.

Anyone else encounter this or have a fix? Thanks.
Hi bleepingbeep,

1 - With each screen capture, the PupSnap GUI and default viewer (if open) will disappear immediately prior to the capture, then both will reappear after the capture.

2 - To capture a small ‘cropped’ area of the screen, go to the ‘Region’ tab of PupSnap, and select Save. Then use the mouse to outline a rectangular region that you wish to capture.

3 - Subsequently, when the captured image is displayed in Viewnior, if you wish to crop the image even more, do the following:

Code: Select all

Go to the ‘Image’ menu of Viewnior, then select the ‘Crop’ option. In the new dialog box, use the mouse to outline the area of interest in the image, then click the ‘Crop’ button in the lower right corner.
PupSnap also supports other viewers such as fotoxx, geeqie, gpicview, gqview, gwenview and xnview. Each viewer has built-in options to manipulate the post-capture image. Of course, if you capture the screen to an Image Editor such as mtPaint or GIMP, the options for post-capture manipulation are even greater.

Thanks for your question. :)

Edit: This discussion is continued in the PupSnap thread below.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 1&start=34