Cursed Cursor Problems In ATI 9200 Pro

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer video hardware
OFC Dark Puppy

Cursed Cursor Problems In ATI 9200 Pro

#1 Post by OFC Dark Puppy »

I have this nagging problem that has happened inside Lucid puppy 520, 525 and Macpup. When in PCI video mode, using my ATI radeon stealth 9250 my cursor will randomly freeze and my desktop with it. And at other times my desktop will freeze while my cursor still moves, albeit slowly and flinching, unable to click on anything.

Sometimes the problems wear off and sometimes the freeze doesn't go away, forcing me to have to shut down the pc. It's especially annoying if I'm typing up something or in the middle of a video.

I don't want to think that this is a hardware failure. It's never happened before. Also a hardware failure would mean that my desktop would fail to load and I wouldn't experience a smooth performance. My ATI always provides a wonderful smooth experience until the freeze.

So I am really trying to figure out what is going on. I am in AGP right now. But I found this Xorg config.

I don't know if this is the Xorg.conf for my ATI or not but it has the name XORG.conf.ATI so I'm assuming it is.

I hope it helps.
Attachments
XORG_ATI.tar.gz
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 367 times