SolidPup 5.1.1-B Lite and OBXF

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
puppyiso

#31 Post by puppyiso »

Before heading to the airport, I have found some time.(some one will give me a ride)

I burned cd-rw this time and booted up.

Yes. it is different in many ways. The time problem is fixed as you said.

However, there are some problems now.

1. screen capture doesn't work.

2. Keep asking which country everytime I boot b4 the UI

3. keep asking language.ko package. I have never used this. I always use languages-all. 1.5 version.

4. the start menu is still English.

5. the clock was right when virginly booted but went wrong after applying language thing. After boot. I had to check and uncheck the uts mark to get bios time.

6. maybe it's moitor thing but too few xorg options(800, 1024)

7. saved theme reverted to lady red theme with frozen tiger.

8. Keep asking which sound card. I got only one which is built in.

I will stick to new found snow 18th.

Now I really have to go. I may check the internet with phone but may not be able to.. I hate the snail chinese internet speed but now I am going to JUNGLE. I doubt the places have the wireless internet connection.

People who live in the number one internet country Korea or (number 2, 3?) USA wouldn't know what I am talking about.

The internet doesn't exist everywhere.

Tman

thanks puppyiso

#32 Post by Tman »

Puppyiso:
Thank you for all of the feedback. Pemasu's pups are much more advanced under the hood than mine are. His knowledge of linux is much more vast, so if his pup works for you, I don't blame you for switching to Snowpuppy. I keep a copy myself. I will do my best to tackle the newfound problems in Solidpup. It might take me a long time to fix the problems associated with multilingual support. I guess I could cheat and create a version based on Snowpuppy..but I have some ethical problems with that. (he's worked so hard on it -- I feel like I'm stealing). Take care.

lithpr

#33 Post by lithpr »

Tman,

I'm sorry for being an idiot here, but i'm a little confused to exactly what the link is for the June 4trh update to SolidPup firefox edition. I would really like to check it out, but i want to make sure i'm using the latest update.

Tman

#34 Post by Tman »

Hi lithpr
EDIT: A more straightforward answer would be: Clicking on the Solidpup download link should always get you the latest release.
Previously, I answered the question in a very round-about way, didn't I? :wink:

Tman

defaults-chooser-patch

#35 Post by Tman »

I have modified Scottman's "Default-Programs-Chooser" slightly and have added a patch below.
This patch fixes the option for default music player. Also I've corrected "gnome-player" to "gnome-mplayer" in the programs list, and added an option for Geeqie as the default image viewer.
Attachments
default-chooser-patch.pet
defaults-chooser-patch
(3.71 KiB) Downloaded 703 times
Last edited by Tman on Sun 12 Jun 2011, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

pemasu

#36 Post by pemasu »

Tman. I havent downloaded your latest distro due to not enough time.
I downloaded your defaults-chooser patch and it installs the patch to the /bin.
Original version installs to the /usr/bin. Maybe you have changed the location but I just couldnt leave it without comment. Nice fix anyway. Forgetting mplayer and ffplay is rational and adding geeqie is something I needed for Snow Puppy. I stole the patch and I will update the original if you dont mind.

Tman

#37 Post by Tman »

Actually, I do mind Pemasu, I mind very much! :evil:
Just kidding.. :). With much respect Pemasu, I don't mind at all. Thanks for the correction..I have updated the pet. However, I've noticed that Scottman has updated his Default-chooser app to version 8.0. (DOH!!) ... if I had known, I would have saved some time. But I did learn one thing in the process; there is no "defaultmusicplayer". It is actually "defaultaudioplayer". At least it is in Wary.

Acutally, I have taken something from Snowpup 014, so it's a good time to tell you now. I copied over your "/root/.icewm/preferences" file because the default one caused VLC to freeze when entering fullscreen mode in icewm. I've modified it since then, though. Thanks for your all of hard work,

Van.

Scottman's Default-Chooser-webpage

pemasu

#38 Post by pemasu »

Everything I have done you can freely loan. This is open source philosophy. I have included defaultsoundplayer though. It should be useful in certain situations.

Tman

#39 Post by Tman »

Thanks Pemasu :). In that case, I may consider making something based on Snowpuppy in the future. But I don't know if I am up for all of the troubleshooting..for me it is very time consuming. Perhaps you might want to consider some sort of collaboration in the future? I believe my strengths lie more in the esthetics.

Tman

updated firefox

#40 Post by Tman »

Firefox 4.0.1 and Firefox 5.0 beta are now availiable in SFS format.
Both have been tested and work with Solidpup and Lucid Puppy_525.
http://www.smokey01.com/Tman/apps/

Tman

wine 1.3.22

#41 Post by Tman »

I downloaded coolpup's wine 1.3.22 from here:
http://www.smokey01.com/coolpup/

Then I made some modifications and converted it into an SFS, which you can download here:
wine-1.3.22-slack.sfs

Thanks, coolpup.

speaker

Bug or question

#42 Post by speaker »

Hi Tman, I love the new Pup.. just two questions.. is there a keybind for the program-screenshot? I hit F1 to scroll up on a webpage and the screenshot program pops up. Also when I try to configure my touchpad, I get a message- " can't access shared memory area SHMConfig disabled.

Love the Puppy.. once I get these bugs out and figure out how to make my screen rotate and pen work ( I am using puppy on a Gateway tablet laptop).

Any help would be great.. and I will read on the forum more..

Great job.

Speaker...

Tman

#43 Post by Tman »

Hello speaker,

Sorry for the slow reply. I do not have the technical knoweledge to help you with with your tablet problems. As for the keybinding question..yes, I have installed a prorgram called Xbind-keys. The problem is that not called keyboards are configured the same. To fix the screenshot problem, go to the Xbindkeys Config-Tool found in the Utility menu. Look for the line that has the "mtpaintsnapshot.sh" script. This is the line that effecting the screenshot function. You can delete the line or assign a different key for it by clicking on the "Get Key" button and then simply pressing on a new key. This was set up on my keyboard to work with my "printscreen" key, but obviously this does not seem to be activated by the intended key on your tablet.

If you are having compatability problems, using Slickpup might give better results. Or try Snowpuppy/Midnight-Sun Puppy, which is compatable with a wider range of hardware. I've noticed that Pemasu has added some of my cusom-hacked Icewm themes to it, so our puplets are beginning to look more alike.

I'm glad you like Solidpup, but unfortunately I need to defer my time from making puplets to other areas of my life, so a new version may be long time coming or not at all. I think my future contributions to the puppy-linux community will be in making more customized themes which for me, takes less time and energy.

oligin10

#44 Post by oligin10 »

Hi Tman, thanks for all your efforts, they are greatly appreciated. Good luck in your future endeavors. Thanks, Rob

Tman

#45 Post by Tman »

:) Your welcome. It has been a good experience for me.

pemasu

#46 Post by pemasu »

You have build solid Pups. And the look has been really good in them. Yes, I have used your great themes when I have updated themes. Thank you of them, they have looked really great.

And never say never again. Take a break and when things give you more time, contribute or give feedback more actively again.

Thank you of what you have done so far.

Tman

#47 Post by Tman »

Pemasu, :)
I can't say that the icewm themes are truly mine; they were a mix-mash of other themes which I hacked together. I do intend to improve my theme-making skills in icewm so that I can have some which I can truly call my own.

Tman

Firefox-6.0 SFS

#48 Post by Tman »

I have made a 16MB SFS of Firefox-6.0. I have tested it in both Slickpup and Solidpup, so it should also be compatable with Lucid and Wary.
The download link is on the first post of this thread.

hoven

#49 Post by hoven »

How do you mount iso and sfs files with Solidpup? (I know how to do it with commandline). In the normal Puppy double clicking on the file in Rox will mount it. Also, I'm not sure but I thought Thunar normally allowed the same thing.

Tman

#50 Post by Tman »

Hoven,

To mount a SFS file, right-click on it, and choose SFS-Exec or SFS-Load.
SFS-Load is more reliable, while SFS-Exec is faster when it works.

To be honest, I do not know to mount an ISO file. I still consider myself to be a linux newbie.
May I ask for what reason one would wish to mount an ISO? If you wish to see the contents of the ISO or extract it, what I do is right-click on the ISO, choose "Open With" and choose ISOMaster.

Update: Oh yes, I realize now that mounting an iso allows you to see it's contents. I previously, used ISOMaster for this purpose, but left-clicking on the ISO is much easier.
The Final versions of SolidPup have this left-click option for both ISO and SFS files.
-
Last edited by Tman on Tue 07 Feb 2012, 03:44, edited 3 times in total.