Firefox 1.05 and card games

Using applications, configuring, problems
ChiJoan

Firefox 1.05 and card games

#1 Post by ChiJoan »

Hi all,

Congrats to the Linux Firefox testers/programmers it worked on Puppy. Today, I installed it twice in WinXPpro Sp1, and had to send in a bug report. I even sent a screenshot and the list of extensions installed. What was the problem? I ended up with only 4 inches of vertcal viewing space between my toolbars and a weird tan colored bottom border of almost two inches. The only thing in it was a single red caret (^) about a half-inch above the "Start" button.

So I felt sort of brave and looked up Ultrasol.py...I guess it wouldn't run because of some other programs not being available. Which Klondike will work?

I looked at the screenshots of the two card games available here, and they make me want to ask if somone would like to adapt a card game my grandma used to play. I don't know what's called, if someone knows by my description, please let me know.

Here's how she taught me:

You start out with a regular deck of cards, and start dealing 9 cards (face-up) in a 3x3 pattern. But if you see a pair of Twos through Nines you stop and put another card face-up over the pair of cards. The same applies if you see an Ace and Ten, or a King, Queen and Jack. To win you run out of cards and have a 3x3 pattern usually, although my grandma said she had done it in less than a 3x3 pattern, I never saw it happen.

Thanks for a great little Distro,
ChiJoan

ChiJoan

Firefox 1.05 on WinXP solved

#2 Post by ChiJoan »

Hi All,

In case you were wondering, it was an extension problem. Don't install those for Firefox 1.1 into FF 1.05 or you'll end up with this border. I didn't use that extension last night to just read and send my email on Puppy.

Looking forward to a reply in regards to a solitaire game for Puppy, etc.

Thanks,
ChiJoan