Using Huawei modem on Puppy 511

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
longwalk

Using Huawei modem on Puppy 511

#1 Post by longwalk »

I know this problem has been around for a while. Puppy recognizes the device as a HUAWEI USB mass storage device but won't configure it as a GPRS modem. Is there a fix for this in 5.1.1 (or even in 5.2?)

Alucinary

Huawei E160 works...

#2 Post by Alucinary »

I have had success with an O2 Huawei E160 3G Dongle but found that after using the gprs wizard I had to manually edit the options file [/etc/ppp/options] to set the baud rate correctly to 9600. It then connected fine using the pgprs-connect tool

for O2 i had to set the following parameters in the gprs wizard:
serial modem device file: /dev/ttyUSB0
apn: m-bb.o2.co.uk
username: o2bb
password: password
phone number: *99#
phone pin: [BLANK]
[color=darkblue][size=75][i]"My Universe is what happens to my eyes and ears. Anything else is surmise and hearsay. For all I know, these people may not exist. You may not exist. I say what it occurs to me to say."[/i][/size][/color]

Barry

Huawei E160 USB stick with Puppy 5.25

#3 Post by Barry »

Just recently installed Puppy 5.25 on my Asus PCeee 2G. Everything works well including wireless connection to my router, however I cannot get my O2 (Huawei) E160 USB stick to connect. When I press the PGPRS Connect button I get the following error message:

/usr/sbin/pppd: In file /etc/ppp/peers/gprsmm: unrecognized option '02'
Exit status is 0
DISCONNECTED

I have used this USB stick with the original Asus software and there has been no problem connecting.

Can anyone make a suggestion to cure this problem.
Many thanks