Wary Tiny (81mb)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Tman

#61 Post by Tman »

Hi yr1945,

Running midori from the terminal might give you some clues.

Sorry, I've never tried to compile Midori. I think it requires some hacking of the source code to make it run properly in Puppy, and I lack the experience + motivation. It does not really save you a lot of size over the other browsers, becuase it requires webkit as a dependency, which is fairly large.

Saluki is based on a version of Racy that came sometime after Wary 5.1.1.
So apps for newer Racy/Wary will not always be compatable, due to different versions of libraries installed.

Unfortunately newer versions of Firefox and Chrome won't work with current released versions of Wary and Racy either. Have you tried installing Opera web browser?

yr1945

Midori

#62 Post by yr1945 »

Tman... thanks for the feedback... I will try the Opera browser.

Pelo

wary Tiny will be worth a try :)

#63 Post by Pelo »

I will try this Wary Tiny to-day, i do appreciate Solidpup, it's a perfect one, much more than a lot of puppies released from he workshops nowadays.
this morning i was looking for the devx version By wary Tiny will be worth a try :)
After reading the topic deeper, no, i don't need a bare bone, i search for the devx to try making a pet of new stuff (Grisbi last version)

I found devx Wary 55, not sure that the version fits my computer.(black screen). I will feed back on solidpup topic.

Pelo

Grisbi 1.0 for Wary is compiling

#64 Post by Pelo »

Grisbi 1.0 for Wary is compiling :)
Attachments
grisbi.png
Success !
(21.88 KiB) Downloaded 197 times