flashrom

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Goggles2114

flashrom

#1 Post by Goggles2114 »

URL: http://www.flashrom.org/Flashrom
Description: a utility for identifying, reading, writing, verifying and erasing flash chips. It is designed to flash BIOS/EFI/coreboot/firmware/optionROM images on mainboards, network/graphics/storage controller cards, and various programmer devices.
Puppy Version: 5.25
Kernel: 2.6.33.2

Reason: I have a cr-48 and had used Puppy to see if my networking issues were from ChromeOS or not. To do this I had to flash the bios to something that would allow other operating systems to work (not to mention booting from usb.) This, however, leaves me unable to update chromeOS and since the problem has not been solved I would like to be able to fix things back the way they're supposed to be.

... ... Just as soon as I finish getting my USB stick polished off with wine (for a couple windows programs I absolutely need), Flash (youtube), and Java (for minecraft.) There are still roughly two weeks before the commercial sales start, plus I like having chrome around for when other people want to use my laptop.