Mscore 1.0

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
TwoPuppies

#31 Post by TwoPuppies »

What would be really nice would be a PET or SFS for the new MuseScore-2 series that is compatible with the latest release of the revitalized Lupu-5287 (July 2015). The newest version of MuseScore I can find that works with Lucid is the Musescore-1.0-lucid525-v2.pet from this thread, and Series 2 now has lots of cool new features. The Windows version MuseScore-2.0.2.msi works reasonably well under Wine, but a proper Puppy Linux version would be better.
[color=#006699]What you really need is two puppies:
Puppy Linux, and the sort with four legs and a tail.[/color]

pa_mcclamrock

#32 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

MuseScore 2.0.3 has recently been released in a single-file AppImage for Linux (see https://musescore.org/en/download#Linux), which you can just make executable and run. It's supposed to work on almost any distribution. I haven't tried it on Puppy yet, but maybe you could. :D
It's stupid to use inferior software for ideological reasons.
--Linus Torvalds

TwoPuppies

#33 Post by TwoPuppies »

pa_mcclamrock wrote:MuseScore 2.0.3 has recently been released in a single-file AppImage for Linux (see https://musescore.org/en/download#Linux), which you can just make executable and run. It's supposed to work on almost any distribution. I haven't tried it on Puppy yet, but maybe you could. :D
Thanks for the information, pa_mcclamrock. I downloaded the AppImage for MuseScore 2.0.3 and gave it a spin. The program certainly opens and runs OK. So far I have not been able to devote a lot of time checking out exactly what works and what does not, but at first glance, one feature that does not seem to be working is the audio playback of the score. I guess I will have to look into this.

Edit: chapchap70 says here:
To get sound to work, go to edit>preferences>I/O> and make alsa your sound driver.
I tried this, and it works.
[color=#006699]What you really need is two puppies:
Puppy Linux, and the sort with four legs and a tail.[/color]