Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 31 Jul 2014, 05:56
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Polarpup-005 with Qt4-4.8.0 and Gstreamer libs inbuild
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 27 of 34 [498 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, ..., 32, 33, 34 Next
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:13    Post subject:  

I have compiled Darktable-0.8.0 at SnowPuppy midphase time. There has been 3 updates after that. Now I compiled Darktable-0.9.2. Again the Polarpup multimedia libs benefits, but I needed to include to the pet quite a lot new stuff, like gphoto2 cli binary, openexr, lcms2 needed to compile and quite a lot pics manipulation libs.
Note:Darktable is not Polarpup spesific, it should work in other Lucid Puppies also. Libexiv2 could be needed, maybe some other libs, but they should be in ubuntu lucid repos.
Quote:
Darktable is a photography workflow application: a virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographers: it manages your digital negatives in a database and lets you view them through a zoomable lighttable. it also enables you to develop raw images and enhance them.

http://darktable.sourceforge.net/about.shtml

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y0I_H9vcIQ&feature=related

Download link: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/Pets/darktable-0.9.2.pet

Locales and some docs are in same Pets folder. Manual is not precompiled in. It needed some obscure dependency, I didnt bother to hunt it.

http://darktable.sourceforge.net/documentation.shtml
darktable.jpg
Description 
jpg

Download 
Filename  darktable.jpg 
Filesize  144.97 KB 
Downloaded  227 Time(s) 
vovchik

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep 2011, 08:39    Post subject:  

Dear pemasu,

I noticed from your latest post regarding PMusic that you have compiled a new version of ffmpeg (ffmpeg-0.8.4). Any chance of posting it - and also the dependencies - here?

With thanks and kind regards,
vovchik
pemasu

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep 2011, 09:35    Post subject:  

Sure. The dependencies are for Dpup Exprimo which means av* libs are compiled using debian squeeze base and the included needed libs are from debian squeeze repo. But anyway, it should work just fine in Lucid Ubuntu based Puppies also. You just need to hunt possible missing libs. Libusb might need at least symlink to the existing one in /lib.

I will upload the ffmpeg-0.8.4 to the pet_packages-exprimo repo now.
http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/pet_packages-exprimo/ffmpeg_250911-0.8.4.pet

Those libs and dependencies I needed are in that pet already. Extract the pet and check.
Launch the ffmpeg in console and you get error of missing lib. Hunt it, include it and launch again.
vovchik

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:01    Post subject:  

Dear pemasu,

Thanks a million. Your version works perfectly with Lucid. I did not even have to search for any extra libs. How nice Smile

With kind regards,
vovchik
pemasu

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:44    Post subject:  

Thank you of the feedback. Someone other might found it also useful.
hoven

PostPosted: Fri 18 Nov 2011, 18:18    Post subject:  

Thanks for your wonderful Puppy options. I'm really liking Polarpup. I'm surprised it isn't more popular as it really is a well-equipped package.

Just curious about a couple of things, it says that Polarpup 4/5 has Firefox 6 installed but it seems to be Firefox 5. Do you recall how it differs from the one in Polarpup 3?

Also, I can't seem to work out what is meant to be the chief difference between Polarpup, Icepuppy and Midnightsun. Are they meant to be progressively newer versions (Polarpup being the newest) or alternatives to each other?
pemasu

PostPosted: Fri 18 Nov 2011, 18:35    Post subject:  

Oh. I havent noticed if I have created the latest Polarpup with Firefox 5.

All my builds are a little different. Different libs and apps or different kernels. Only common factor is that I have played with my own kernel compiles. Polarpup has my compiled latest Qt libs inbuild. That is the main feature for it. Icepuppy and Snowpuppy have qt libs also but not as whole as in Polarpup. And I have development - compiling environment for it also in Polarpup. Shamely there hasnt been so much nice new updates anymore in free qt apps announcement pages nowadays.

Snowpuppy, Icepuppy and Polarpup are all lucid puppy variants, made by using woof. Snowpuppy and Icepuppies have different kernels. Snow Puppy 2.6.35.7 and Ice Puppy was the test build for 2.6.38.4. Polarpup uses now 2.6.39.3 kernel.
So...most lucid puppy pets works in them.
Lucid Puppy has been freezed to the woof of almost one year old. I use always the latest woof of the build time. So my builds does not follow recent Lucid Puppy path. I have updated and compiled apps also independently. So my builds might have bugs which are covered in official version. But also a lot things are fixed through woof.
hoven

PostPosted: Fri 18 Nov 2011, 18:51    Post subject:  

pemasu wrote:
Oh. I havent noticed if I have created the latest Polarpup with Firefox 5.

I'm not sure if I'm right. In Polarpup 005 the useragent says Firefox 5 and the library path is /usr/lib/firefox-5.0 but some pages back you mentioned that Polarpup 004 and 005 have Firefox 6.

Thanks again for your fine work, I thought the thread was worth elevating as it was getting lost in the past. It's a shame when a good Puppy variant gets forgotten.
calexand

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 02:22    Post subject:  

Pemasu,
I am searching for a Puppy for my EeePC 900a, which either has or could have added easily to it all the function keys and fan controls, etc.
I know you are now busy with other things, but could you recommend if that would be either of your Puppies; Polar or Snow or Ice, and what else would need to be added?
I would really like control close to what Fewt's Jupiter control addition provides...
Thank you so much,
CA
nooby

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 04:45    Post subject:  

calexand wrote:

Pemasu,
I am searching for a Puppy for my EeePC 900a,
which either has or could have added easily to it
all the function keys and fan controls, etc....

Yes I would want that too and Zigbert asked something
similar for his Asus 1001? in a separate thread. ???
So if you know which handle Fn keys and fan and such

pemasu

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:07    Post subject:  

All my puplets have easy xbindkeys tool and in menu > utility > Xbindkeys Config tool.
I have added generic laptop support with it. Customizing is also easy with it. Just play with it.
About Asus EEE netbooks. At my early Snow Puppy building time there was still Asus EEE netbook puplet Puppeee which was specialized to them.
I didnt have need to study that thread much. Also...I dont have EEE netbook so I cant do any tests.
It would be easier for me....if somebody knows the spesicif need of some kernel module. I can lend my hand to compile it and help to configure it if needed like kernel module for fan control.
But...right now I dont have time to study what spesific needs there are for EEE netbooks. I am going to pack whole evening and tomorrow I leave to Lapland for a week. We could start this conversation again when I am back.
e_jouan

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec 2011, 17:35    Post subject: Sorry to bother with a stupid question!!!
Subject description: qt4 on Puppy

Hi I am used to programming in Visual Studio in Windows XP and slowly moving to Linux for my developments (i do prototypes)

I am not so familiar with all the techs but i really love puppy ( i currently have Puppy 5.3 slacko installed)

You seem very active and i want to try your cold puppys Wink but if you can spare some time i have a dumb question on qt4 and grab some of your brains if you permit Wink

I downloaded qt4 pet file and it seems to install fine, then I search for executables and find only the qtconfig and some qt assistant but no qt creator?
Do i need to execute a make command of some sort to run or have i missed some instructions (which i have searched for)

I appreciate your time and your reply...

Thanks for your nice work Emmanuel
pemasu

PostPosted: Wed 14 Dec 2011, 17:51    Post subject:  

I have moved the other apps to the qt dev pet. Install the corresponding qt dev pet and you get the missing binaries.

In Polarpup, you get those missing binaries by installing according devx sfs. By bootmanager of by sfs_load.
umair

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:59    Post subject:  

hi every one:
Just downloaded polarpup.
Very nice combination of diff applications. nice work done PEMASU.
One thing I wana ask, I didnt C any Network Activity Icon, nigher in JWM nor in Icewm?
Any Idea............
Looking for postive response
regards
UMAIR
pemasu

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jan 2012, 13:55    Post subject:  

Hmm....you possibly mean that there is no wireless icon in tray. That usually happens if the frisbee-tray loads before your wireless kernel module has been loaded and the wireless is ready for action.

Open /root/Startup/frisbee-tray file and add as first line:
sleep5
and save the file. To be paranoid, add: sleep 10
but that is extreme measure, but I have used it as generic solution.

If you mean something else, you need to elaborote your meaning more.
Page 27 of 34 [498 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, ..., 32, 33, 34 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: