Cloud Computing For Every Puppy

Miscellaneous tools
sszindian

Program Not Working

#16 Post by sszindian »

HiDeHo wrote:

Hi all tested this on upup raring 3992 and it adds the menus to it. but will not open any of the apps in my browser i use chrome here. though i woudl pass this on. not working.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't have a chrome browser installed but you should check and make sure it is 'Set To Your DEFAULT Browser (that's what this little program looks for!) then try again.

>>>---Indian------>
Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)
[url]http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192[/url]

mikeslr

Cloud Computing for TahrPup 6.0

#17 Post by mikeslr »

Hi sszindian and all,

Just wanted to mention that sszindian's pet, available from first post of this thread, works fine in TahrPup 6.0.
As the post just above this makes clear, it requires that you have chosen something as your default browser:

Menu>Setup>Default Application Chooser>Left Panel>Third Selection from the Top, named "Browser": Click the "down-arrow" to select from Internet Browsers on your system. Don't forget to click "Apply".
Worked with:
Chromium 38, Palemoon -- installed pets
Shinobar's Google-Chrome Portable
Opera, firefox and Seamonkey run from external folders located at /mnt/home.
Tested by initiating CloudApps via Menu>Utilities>Cloud Apps, then clicking Pixlr-paint.

No reason to think it will not work on any Pup, using any browser set as "default".
mikesLr

greengeek

#18 Post by greengeek »

Hi sszindian - nice work, there are some real gems here. Do you think it is possible to find a way to access this utility direct from the browser rather than via menus or via a desktop icon?

I would like to create a browser bookmark (of the format that I can never remember that looks something like \\\file\\xxxx...) and have that bookmark open the cloud pet window. Then I would be using your pet as a sort of 'bookmark extension method'.

I like the visual aspect of your pet window - it's almost like the Win8 'metro' interface but prettier. If I could find a way to access it direct from browser bookmarks it would be a great way to present my children/grandchildren with an entertaining interface to their own bookmarked sites, rather than a dry old standard bookmarks list. (And if I could have multiple cloud_mark_windows - one for each user - that would be heaven)

Especially love the link to the 200 games site! I'm using Slacko 5.6 (derivative) and Firefox.
cheers!

sszindian

Oh how can we do that

#19 Post by sszindian »

greengeek wrote:

Hi sszindian - nice work, there are some real gems here. Do you think it is possible to find a way to access this utility direct from the browser rather than via menus or via a desktop icon?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the compliments!

I know what you would like to have unfortunately, I'm not a programmer... I was able to take this utility in a form developed by another puppy member from years past and make what I could from it by simple logic and lots and lots of trial/error and time!!!

Now possibly an alternative for what you need CAN be had!

If you take the cloud puppy program (after it's installed - drag & Drop it's ICON from usr/share/applications to the desktop desktop) that will create an easy ICON access. Now I realize you would like to have your browser access My-Cloud-Apps.pet but I say.... a better way is to have My-Cloud-Apps.pet access your browser! You can do much much more this way (I believe).

Next... within the functions to add your own cloud URL's etc... simple HTML code can be used to create additional menu pages, an entire book, a website of your own to use offline, any type of graphics or ANYTHING YOU CAN JUST ABOUT IMANAGE! From that you can hyperlink additional HTML pages It is a very very powerful little application and using it this way makes it UNLIMITED for whatever you want to do. Yes, you must know a bit of simple HTML commands. My-Cloud-Apps.pet can make use of your default browser both ONLINE and while OFFLINE making the browser a powerful programming tool using HTML.

In my personal My-Cloud-Apps.pet I have one program that is called 'Personal' with several stories I've written about my gold prospecting adventures going back many years. I also keep gold prospecting records and graphics/pictures of my gold prospecting days in Montana and another in New Mexico and they entail several hundreds of articles in Website-Like HTML format that I can view or work with offline through the default browser.

One thing nice to know is that my little My-Cloud-Apps.pet seems to work in every puppy program I've tried it in from back to early puppy's right up to the latest like Tahr and the recent Slacko's and everything in between.

All that said.... the trick is knowing some HTML code to do all this. If in any particular way I can, I will be glad to help you develop the HTML you need for your goal(s) in the little My-Cloud-Apps.pet That's entirely up to what you want ???...

>>>---Indian------>

sszindian

Nice Satellite App

#20 Post by sszindian »

Those using and having a need for satellite programs will find this as an exceptional cloud application. It's updated on a regular basis to provide more-current information than most other satellite programs.

This is one you will want to install in your little 'My-Cloud-Apps.pet' program.

https://zoom.earth/#51.178827,-1.826175 ... 2016-07-20
or just-
https://zoom.earth/

By the way, My-Cloud-Apps.pet still works with all the new Pup's I've tested and yes, even the 64-bit ones!

It's quiet nice having 'cloud-resources' available! :)

>>>---Indian------>