/root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal ???

Using applications, configuring, problems
don922

/root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal ???

#1 Post by don922 »

What has happened to /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal? It formerly was useful (see jwmpersonal1.jpg). It is now a html and doesn't appear to be very useful or understandable at all (see jwmpersonal2.jpg).

This seems to be happening in Wary512, Puppy432v3, and Puppy214x. Is this the result of some strange selection that I have made or have the ghosts attacked my computer again.

Can I get something useful back? Where is the editable information that was in jwmrc-personal?
Attachments
jwmpersonal1.jpg
(31.31 KiB) Downloaded 675 times
jwmpersonal2.jpg
(16.51 KiB) Downloaded 675 times
[color=green][i]Don -- Thailand[/i][/color]
[url=http://www.puppylinux.com][img]http://tinypic.com/4e0tojl.jpg[/img][/url]

DaveS

#2 Post by DaveS »

Actually its an xml file. Right click and select 'open as text'
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

don922

#3 Post by don922 »

I was fooled or I was a fool---------

Why in the world did they put an html icon on this file?

Anyway, thank you very much, now on to better things.
[color=green][i]Don -- Thailand[/i][/color]
[url=http://www.puppylinux.com][img]http://tinypic.com/4e0tojl.jpg[/img][/url]

DaveS

#4 Post by DaveS »

don922 wrote:I was fooled or I was a fool---------

Why in the world did they put an html icon on this file?

Anyway, thank you very much, now on to better things.
LOL... enjoy your better things :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

rmcellig

#5 Post by rmcellig »

I am trying out Puppy Precise 5.6.1 which uses JWM. What config file do I edit if I want to make changes? I see a few of them in the JWM directory.

My previous experience has been using Puppy Linux 5.2.8. Openbox was pretty straight forward to tweak to my liking. I hope that JWM can offer me the same general options.

Jasper

#6 Post by Jasper »

rmcellig,

What changes do you want to make apart from any easily made via Menu>Desktop>JWM configuration?

rmcellig

#7 Post by rmcellig »

I would like to change the format of the clock from H:M to something else like H:M:S and also increase the size of the clock font.

I always thought that modifying the config file was preferable to modifying JWM configuration because the config file would allow more options and flexibility. If this isn't the case, chalk it up to my puppy ignorance. :)

Thanks so much for the help!!

I come from the Mac side and have been using Linux more and more over the past few months. Love it!!

Jasper

#8 Post by Jasper »

Hi,

Download radky's ClockSet pet.

Google:

radky pupmates

to find all of radky's star apps (including PupControl, and my personal favourite PupMenu).

DaveS

#9 Post by DaveS »

rmcellig wrote:I would like to change the format of the clock from H:M to something else like H:M:S and also increase the size of the clock font.

I always thought that modifying the config file was preferable to modifying JWM configuration because the config file would allow more options and flexibility. If this isn't the case, chalk it up to my puppy ignorance. :)

Thanks so much for the help!!

I come from the Mac side and have been using Linux more and more over the past few months. Love it!!
You need to edit the clockstyle tag which I think is in/root/.jwm/jwm theme but am away from home till Saturday so can't give you full info. Google JWM to find the JWM website which explains configuration in full. It seems archaic to not have a GUI but it is so code light editing the config files direct and is simple once you get the basics
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

rmcellig

#10 Post by rmcellig »

Thanks so much. You both offer some interesting solutions.

Dave S,

I'm not sure what is meant by tag. I know that once I wrap my head around the jWM config file I will be OK. :)