pupbangmk1 Minimal - Woofy build

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
darry1966

pupbangmk1 Minimal - Woofy build

#1 Post by darry1966 »

Inspired by this very nice pupplet which I cutdown by Cagwait called pupbang001 Dpup based on Dpup 009.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=68049

I wanted to create something like a Wattos, Bodhi working on a one application per task kind of OS and combine with Archbang/Crunchbang kind of thing.

Programs left no browser installed by default (Akita Firefox 17ESR in the folder and Menu Entry Maker)
XMMS Ultra with skins for music Xine for video and Flburn for Cdburning original Abiword retained (2.86) also MOC for music - so yeah slighly broke my rule about one application per task. Newer MTPaint 3.44.53. Kept original Gtkam. Flash 10.183.90 installed.

By the way the default wallpaper is default DPup wallpaper but there are lots of other nice dark wallpapers. Added a couple.
Conky is displayed by default. JWM upgraded to JWM500.
Kernel 2.6.32. No Frisbee as BK'S Simple network tool is installed by default. Thank you Cagwait for your original work.

So here is the link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dazsbar ... ngMinimal/
[/url]

darry1966

#2 Post by darry1966 »

Well I learned a lesson in reading forums carefully when I tried to install this thing as a full install. The installer was asking pupbang001.sfs the file on the cd was dpup-009.sfs from which this is based so I booted live with the CD and copied 3 files over to a another directory on the computer required by the installer - /my-documents renaming Dpup-009.sfs to pupbang-009.sfs got the installer to see that directory and she installed. Then I tried to install Grub couldn't find it. so having installed a browser in the live session - downloaded grub4dos having made sure I marked the main partition as boot in the flags section of gparted.

Anyway finished install and rebooted from the Hard drive and she booted. Anyway main point is this was a problem with the original pupbang 009. It was clearly mentioned in the original thread. So sorry to anyone who has tried to install this.

So the installer will tell you which files (vmlinuz, initrd.gz plus sfs file) are required, copy them to /my-documents and rename the copy of Dpup-009.sfs to the required pupbang-001.sfs and installation will succeed hopefully.