Puppy Linux Forum Code of Conduct

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
koolie

Puppy Linux Forum Code of Conduct

#1 Post by koolie »

I found this Code Of Conduct on another forum, and I believe it applies equally here
. . . . . .

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:10 pm Post subject: A reminder, AGAIN !! Code of conduct.

No name-calling. Moderators will decide what is and is not name-calling. If you're personally insulting someone, that's name-calling.
No starting trouble with other members - Don't post just to start trouble with another member. All posts are to be "real" topics.
No gratuitous sarcasm / innuendos - If you don't have an intelligent reply to a topic, don't respond. If someone doesn't agree with you, don't get sarcastic, don't call names. Give a logical response.

We reserve the right, at our full discretion, to remove any postings at any time and without notice to you if we deem them to be not in the best interests of the general visitor. Mostly we will delete the whole string rather than make value judgements about various individual messages within the subject string.

You agree not to post any intimidating, racist, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the web master, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit, and without prior notice or explanation.

No responses required to this post.

Thanks...Forum team.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

I changed the subject line and made it into a sticky. It's the forum's official Code of Conduct until something better comes along. :)

Aitch

#3 Post by Aitch »

Following recent [May 2011] postings,
John Murga wrote:The only thing I have ever wanted was common sense, and I hoped for civil discourse.

Common sense being a relative term, which I think has a minimum common denominator.

I know many people that ignore the off topic area, and it is a bit of a pain sometimes, so if you think it shouldn't exist I would recommend you ignore it too.

I appreciate feedback around how I can make this site and it's community work better, as it is important to me and I want it to be a better place.

However, rules around what you can and can't talk about I do object to.

Freedom is another relative term which is important to me.
Unfortunately freedom isn't free it seems :wink:
see this thread for details

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=68808

Thanks to Bruce B for the post opportunity :D

Aitch :)