Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 16 Apr 2014, 06:33
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Lucid Puppy 5.2.7 RC2
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 89 of 91 [1351 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 Next
ozsouth

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug 2011, 22:07    Post subject: Thanks for a good effort  

Playdayz, your Lucid 525 is very good. Thankyou for your efforts.
Tui

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug 2011, 23:41    Post subject:  

Great work playdayz, thanks for luci v5.2.5 Can I upgrade it
With the v5.2.8 I have a full install of the 525 ?

Thanks Tui[/b]
Tasgarth

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2011, 02:17    Post subject:  

Playdayz,
It's not easy to conduct a project with an international team, virtual, multicultural. From the simple to the most competent tester ... Is exceptional.
You, 01Micko and other did ...
Thanks,
ilanrab

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2011, 04:20    Post subject: Bugs remaining in 5.2.x
Subject description: Bugs remaining in 5.2.x

PaulBx1 wrote:
Quote:
The project to update Lucid 5.2.5 has been cancelled. It was meant to fill the gap between Lucid 5.2.5 and Slack Puppy but it took too long and has become a distraction. Slack Puppy will be a better product in all ways and it is what deserves the community's attention now.

Guess I'll sit out the next one. Kinda hard to work up any enthusiasm after that.
Oh, and I'll indulge myself in saying "I told you so". (I mean about keeping this only to bug fixes, and a select few at that.)
Well, I guess a lesson was learned. Look at the bright side.

Is there a comprehensive list of the known bugs that remain in Puppy 5.2.x?

01micko

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2011, 08:38    Post subject:  

playdayz wrote:
The project to update Lucid 5.2.5 has been cancelled. It was meant to fill the gap between Lucid 5.2.5 and Slack Puppy but it took too long and has become a distraction. Slack Puppy will be a better product in all ways and it is what deserves the community's attention now.

The last build Luci-528 has been released as a Puppy derivative named Two-Headed Dog.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=551999#551999

Ah Larry,

I didn't lift a finger (since 520). How am I "cheif dev"? (re: "Two-Headed Dog"). I'm only an idiot that knows (sometimes) which button to push on my keyboard, and I haven't done that much lately in a Lupu sense.

However I think the puplet idea is not so bad. Not for my agenda, (erm I don't have one) but I think for your peace.

You've worked even harder than Warren did on 4.2 and that was an outstanding achievement. With due respect to my friend Warren I think lupu series eclipses 4.2X series and has expanded Puppy's demographic, interest and most importantly fun!

Be comfortable brother in the fact that your early inspiration with Karmic was ground breaking stuff with Barry's woof. Without that work, Spup, Dpup, Mpup, (Apup anyone? [even Wary/Quirky]) would not nearly be where they are now.

'nuff drivel.. Cheers, Mick

galen

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2011, 09:19    Post subject: USB install. kernel panic after installing more software
Subject description: USB boot, kernel panic, sync

here was my plan,
install puppy on 512M removable disk space of my Zen MicroPhoto.
I used unetbootin549 and install worked well, reboot worked; puppy527 was barking.
Then I added other quickpets, allowed puppysave.3fs (128M I think) and rebooted.
Dead dog kernel panic syncing, trying to bypass init I think was the error.
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2011, 09:43    Post subject: Re: USB install. kernel panic after installing more software
Subject description: USB boot, kernel panic, sync

galen wrote:
Then I added other quickpets, allowed puppysave.3fs (128M I think) and rebooted.Dead dog kernel panic syncing, trying to bypass init I think was the error.

You can fill up a 128 MB pupsave file fairly quickly by adding software. I would delete it and start again. Add one package at a time and test it.
aarf

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:52    Post subject:  

01micko wrote:
playdayz wrote:

The last build Luci-528 has been released as a Puppy derivative named Two-Headed Dog.

Ah Larry,

I didn't lift a finger (since 520). How am I "cheif dev"? (re: "Two-Headed Dog"). I'm only an idiot that knows (sometimes) which button to push on my keyboard, and I haven't done that much lately in a Lupu sense.

However I think the puplet idea is not so bad. Not for my agenda, (erm I don't have one) but I think for your peace.

You've worked even harder than Warren did on 4.2 and that was an outstanding achievement. With due respect to my friend Warren I think lupu series eclipses 4.2X series and has expanded Puppy's demographic, interest and most importantly fun!

Be comfortable brother in the fact that your early inspiration with Karmic was ground breaking stuff with Barry's woof. Without that work, Spup, Dpup, Mpup, (Apup anyone? [even Wary/Quirky]) would not nearly be where they are now.

'nuff drivel.. Cheers, Mick

well said micko

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
mikeslr

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2011, 14:44    Post subject: Solved --Problem adding mtpaintsnapshot to tray  

Hi Playdaz & All,

Thank you Playdaz for another excellent incarnation of Lucid Puppy. With the following exception everything I've checked is working well in 5.2.7 RC2.
Sorry if this has already been covered. I'm only on page 78 of the tread.
I added mtpaintsnapshot.sh to fbpanel's tray. As you can see from the attached, mtpaintsnapshot works from the menu --else I couldn't have taken the snapshot-- the icon I use shows up in the taskbar, mtpanelshapshot.sh has been added to .fbpanel config, but clicking the tray icon reports the absence of the executable.

Edit: Solved -- My error. ('Embarassed'). Settings via GUI configuration require that you first identify the executable, then the tooltip, separated by a colon. I had them reversed.

mikesLr
mtpaintsnapshot.jpg
Description 
jpg

Download 
Filename  mtpaintsnapshot.jpg 
Filesize  109.22 KB 
Downloaded  287 Time(s) 

Last edited by mikeslr on Thu 11 Aug 2011, 17:02; edited 1 time in total
bigpup

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2011, 15:32    Post subject:  

The one thing that I do not see in Puppy is a core base version of Puppy.
One that contains all the needed programs.
Provides support for as much as possible.
Is bug fixed to the maximum possible.
Stays up to date with needed improvements.
Provides needed drivers for hardware as it changes.
Constantly improves because it is needed improvements not because OH! "lets try this"
Gives support for new users by providing a help section, that is true help..
Adjusts to the ever changing needs as computer hardware changes.

Every improvement and change that was being done to Lucid Puppy was trying to follow these principles.

Will changes and improvements ever stop? No

"Woof" seems to be the way to do this. Barry is always tweaking and improving
Woof, but who is really testing the changes?
Lucid Puppy was keeping up with the latest Woof, but stopped around version 5.2. Wonder what bugs would have been fixed by just using a newer version of Woof?

This is what I saw during this update effort to bug fix and improve Lucid Puppy.
People where finding bugs.
Programs where being improved. ( by the people who made the program and others )
Needed drivers where being provided in the drivers section of "Additional software" in the forum.
Solutions where being found and improved on.
The biggest thing was your ideas where looked at, improved on, tweaked, discussed, and used to improve not just change Lucid Puppy.
Too bad that stops now Crying or Very sad

WhoDo

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2011, 17:04    Post subject:  

01micko wrote:

I'll second that, Mick! There have been more advances in Puppy development during the lupu series than I would have dared to dream for Deep Thought. Well done, Larry. I as much as anyone can appreciate the mammoth task you undertook and the aplomb with which you completed it.

Cheers, mate.

mikeslr

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug 2011, 19:49    Post subject: How do you change themes in Openbox?  

Hi All,

Dumb question, maybe, but a "well minded search" reveals lots of links regarding openbox themes, but nothing jumps out saying "this is how you change them." Menu item Openbox Config implies that the theme "Natura" is available, but the only available radio buttons are "Install a new theme" and "create a theme archive." Clicking either opens to /, so neither seems appropriate.

So, how does one go about changing themes in openbox?

mikesLr
DaveS

PostPosted: Fri 12 Aug 2011, 00:23    Post subject: Re: How do you change themes in Openbox?  

mikeslr wrote:
Hi All,

Dumb question, maybe, but a "well minded search" reveals lots of links regarding openbox themes, but nothing jumps out saying "this is how you change them." Menu item Openbox Config implies that the theme "Natura" is available, but the only available radio buttons are "Install a new theme" and "create a theme archive." Clicking either opens to /, so neither seems appropriate.

So, how does one go about changing themes in openbox?

mikesLr

Just highlight the theme you want to use by clicking on it in the list. Seems too simple, no?

bigpup

PostPosted: Fri 12 Aug 2011, 00:32    Post subject:  

In Openbox Config
Theme tab
The themes listed are all usable by clicking on one. When clicked on it changes to that theme.
To get new themes you have to download a theme made for openbox.
Click on install a new theme button
Select the theme you downloaded
Select OK
It will be added to the list of themes.

Menu->desktop->desktop settings
The program SimpleBox openbox theme maker.
You can make you own themes and add them to this list in the themes tab in Openbox config.

There is some info about themes here for Openbox
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=64876

chrismt

PostPosted: Fri 12 Aug 2011, 03:28    Post subject: Re: Lucid Puppy 5.2.7 RC2
Subject description: Released AUG 8

playdayz wrote:

Maybe the Two Headed Dog started to think by itself and tried to take control of other computers in the network, so the developer had to shut it down - just like some supercomputers in movies Razz

But then it was a nice roll

Thanks for your works
Page 89 of 91 [1351 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: