Some general questions for: Precise Puppy 5.4.2

Using applications, configuring, problems
divisionmd

Some general questions for: Precise Puppy 5.4.2

#1 Post by divisionmd »

Hello,

- Planing on testing a little with Precise Puppy 5.4.2 - however have some questions that i hope to learn the answers to:

1. The information: "compatible with Ubuntu Precise Pangolin 12.04.1+ binary DEB packages" ?

- Were do i download Ubuntu packages that are compatible with Puppy Precise Puppy 5.4.2 ?

- How do i install the Ubuntu packages on Precise Puppy 5.4.2 - since i cant use apt-get install?

- Where do i find compatiable DEB packages for Precise Puppy 5.4.2?

- And how do i install the DEB packages for Precise Puppy 5.4.2 ?

2. ACPID

When pressing power button nothing happens - guess i need acpid packages- anyone got those somewere?

3. Nvidia

Want to install nvidia drivers so i can get som nice graphics - is there some instructions somewere on how to install this manually on: Precise Puppy 5.4.2 ?

Thanks for help,

Best regards,
Johan

666philb

#2 Post by 666philb »

hi divisionmd,

precise puppy has access to the ubuntu repos through it's package manager PPM. it's repos are changing quite frequently, so it's a good idea to update the PPM quite frequently. you do that buy pressing the configure button in the PPM and choosing update.

there's also an Nvidia driver for precise puppy, also in the ppm. you'll find it in the 'setup' section, in the puppy precise repo.
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

slenkar

#3 Post by slenkar »

yeah go to setup->puppy package manager

and there are 100's of apps to be installed

divisionmd

#4 Post by divisionmd »

Hello,

- slenkar thanks for input - will test a little.

- usually like to install through the command line..

Best regards,
Johan