PDF starts printing from middle of page

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
rohan69

PDF starts printing from middle of page

#1 Post by rohan69 »

We are using Red Hat. We have a issue like this: We want to print from Linux, to a printer attached to a Windows machine. What we want to print is a PDF. It prints, but the printing starts from the middle of the page. In the report, there is no space at the top but still printing starts from the middle. How can we get rid of the space and print the entire pdf (1 page pdf) in 1 page?

Printer is an Epson LQ-300+II dot-matrix printer.

What options can we use in the LPR or LP command. I tried Google but none of the suggestions work.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

PS: Where can get an Original driver for Linux for the above printer? I tried Google but to no avail.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

You should ask this question in a Red Hat forum. This forum is for Puppy Linux. They're different.

8-bit

#3 Post by 8-bit »

I looked at the Linux Open Printing site and that printer had one user contributed driver. The driver evidently did not work and the printer is listed as a "paperweight", meaning it has not yet worked with linux.
Why not just use Windows to print the PDF file in that case?

rohan69

#4 Post by rohan69 »

8-bit wrote:I looked at the Linux Open Printing site and that printer had one user contributed driver. The driver evidently did not work and the printer is listed as a "paperweight", meaning it has not yet worked with linux.
Why not just use Windows to print the PDF file in that case?
Hi, how can we do this? What we do it create the PDF in the Linux machine folder, becuase our application, Oracle Forms runs in Linux. After that we use "lp" command to print the file from Linux to Windows.

Can u pls eleborate further and thanks for your replies.

rcrsn51

#5 Post by rcrsn51 »

You are using Red Hat but this is a Puppy Linux forum. So it's really difficult to provide any useful information.