Just to say thanks you and OMG what an O/S and Watch Me Tube

Promote Puppy !
scutters

#31 Post by scutters »

Thanks to you for your videos, They have been a great help to a new pup like me. Keep up the good work :)

Icyos

#32 Post by Icyos »

[quote="nrama"]This seems to be an appropriate place to add my appreciation too! And also my tinkering with 528.

Five weeks into the Puppy experience I blinked and almost missed the 528.I must say the developers are as frisky as frolicking puppies! On 19 Aug I downloaded 528 and burnt to disk and created USB boot. All accomplished easily.At this stage I felt confident enough to install the OS to an HD sans any other on the disk.No problems. As there was no boot menu one was attempted through Menu -> bootloader config as suggested by the OS installer. That went through the process but for some reason would not populate the menu list. Grub4Dos bootloader config created the necessary.That worked as it should. Commenting out the unnecessary entries was simple enough.

BTW the installation was carried out with the second HD disconnected which set system up as sda1.
Two entries in the menu list as follows are mentioned for a reason:

# Full installed Linux
title Lucid 528 (sdb1/boot)
uuid c2781c61-284c-43f3-acd3-d998d4a4077c
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdb1 ro

# Boot from Partition Boot Sector

title Lucid 528 (sdb1:PBS)
uuid c2781c61-284c-43f3-acd3-d998d4a4077c
chainloader +1

Booting from the first works fine. The second however produces an error 13:Invalid or unsupported executable format.. Now commenting out that and attempting to boot from the “good

Icyos

Re: Thanks :)

#33 Post by Icyos »

scutters wrote:Thanks to you for your videos, They have been a great help to a new pup like me. Keep up the good work :)
Thanks you are all so kind I have a ton of stuff lined up for the winter months hope you all enjoy.