Intel Pocket PC camera as a webcam in puppy? [Solved]

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer video hardware
PupGeek

Intel Pocket PC camera as a webcam in puppy? [Solved]

#1 Post by PupGeek »

I have an old Intel Pocket PC Camera that functioned well as a webcam in Win98. I can use GtKam to retrieve stored pics from it in puppy, but I cannot get it to function as a webcam, which is really what I'd like it to do. The camera gets recognized in programs like skype and others as an Intel CS630 webcam (I guess it contains similar internal hardware). I noticed puppy has the gspca kernel modules, but nothing seems to make this camera work. Luvcview errors out saying mjpeg is not available, even ffplay doesn't know how to process the information.. The light comes on when I use the ffplay command and I have to unplug the cam to turn it off again. I am using LuPu 520 and trying to use the cam with Skype and Gyachi. Has anyone else had this problem?
Last edited by PupGeek on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

PupGeek

#2 Post by PupGeek »

After doing a bit more looking, I found some stuff about how to get this camera working in ubuntu. They mention disabling automount in gconf-edit and manually modprobing it. The problem is I do not know how to do this in puppy. Puppy doesn't use gconf for this device.