How to use Fuji Xerox Docuprint M205b?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
balaji.md

How to use Fuji Xerox Docuprint M205b?

#1 Post by balaji.md »

Just bought this multifunction system and couldn't get it to work with CUPS. Help is greatly appreciated!

balaji.md

Found a driver

#2 Post by balaji.md »

http://www.fujixeroxprinters.com/downlo ... 1_f5b8.zip

That file extracts to an ISO and it does have the driver for fujixerox 205 model. But, when I run the install script, it exits prematurely (I used the version for Redhat distro). Can anyone educate me on how to install that in puppy??

Once I get the printer sorted out, I can start my next adventure of fixing the scanner!

Thanks in advance.

rcrsn51

#3 Post by rcrsn51 »

Where did you find this download? I looked at the Fuji-Xerox site and the only Linux package I could find was for firmware.

In any case, I tried to run your installer. There doesn't appear to be much in it that applies to Puppy. I also Googled your M205b without any luck.

Sorry.

FWIW, Brother makes some laser multifunction machines that are Puppy compatible.

balaji.md

Thanks

#4 Post by balaji.md »

Thanks for the advice. I promptly returned the fujixerox and got a brother mfc-j415w. I am impressed by the ease of install and the ease of printing/scanning - fax and copying is good, as well.

(Out of interest, I tried to install this on Windows 7 - what a pain?? I tried their own windows update, after 2 hrs of "searching", "troubleshooting" and other things, the hourglass (circle nowadays) went on and on. Finally, it said it couldn't install! Then I downloaded the barebone drivers from brother, but still the printer is not working on windows. I don't have patience/need to try it again on windoze now that it works like a breeze in puppy).

rcrsn51

#5 Post by rcrsn51 »

That's good news. To print photos with your Brother, read here for information about setting the paper size.

balaji.md

Thanks

#6 Post by balaji.md »

I rarely use deskjets for photo printing but thanks. It seems to be a nice little program!