Dpup Exprimo 5.X.15

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#121 Post by pemasu »

Radky. I noticed that also. Fotoxx seems to demand that before you have synchronized at least one folder.
But...synchronizing does not work before you have added libimage-exiftool-perl_8.15-1_all.deb and that is 2.2 Mb package. Really big I think.

Fotoxx dependency that size needs rethinking.

Fotoxx has been compiled by Iguleder.

Jim1911

#122 Post by Jim1911 »

pemasu wrote:Now...I need feedback if the PUI (Puppy Universal Installer) works correctly. Does it recognize ntfs, ext2, ext3 and ext4 ok. And can you do Puppy installation to ext4, for example in the usb stick. That is the most tricky part.
ntfs partition mounts fine.

Used gparted to format an USB flash drive to ext4, then used PUI to install 5.0.0.3 to it. It appeared to install OK, and the necessary files are there, however, when I plugged it in to a machine that can boot from the USB drive, it reports "no operating system".

A weird result though is when I plugged the USB drive into my main system which is running 5.0.0.3, pmount sees the drive fine, so I ran gparted to check to see if the boot flag was set and gparted does not see the USB drive. I'll go to another OS, reformat it again, then reinstall again with 5.0.0.3 PUI and report back. There appears to be a problem with gparted and ext4 although it does recognize my partitions properly and pmount sees the USB drive as ext4.

Jim

pemasu

#123 Post by pemasu »

Jim1911. Yep. I think I will compile static gparted next and update it to 0.9. Then I am ready to continue the PUI problem resolving.

Jim1911

#124 Post by Jim1911 »

pemasu wrote:Jim1911. Yep. I think I will compile static gparted next and update it to 0.9. Then I am ready to continue the PUI problem resolving.
Gparted does not appear to be a problem. I tried the USB with a couple of other pups and gparted reported it properly and discovered that the "no device present" report was not referring to the USB drive that I was using. I then used Ubuntu's gparted which is also version 0.7.0 to reformat to ext4 again making sure that boot flag was set. Next I booted back into 5.0.0.3 and used the PUI to install to the USB flash drive. Same results as before. PUI still has a serious problem creating a bootable installation.

Jim

pemasu

#125 Post by pemasu »

Jim1911. Ok. It goes then back to distype binary, syslinux, extlinux.
i think i will try next if my working lucid binaries work in dpup. Then I try to chase working ones from debian repositories. I know that PUI is really sensitive of those above apps. I think it is too sensitive.

peebee

#126 Post by peebee »

It appears that something called

nbtscan

is missing

and this is stopping pnethood working

I also seem to be getting vattery segfaults - and don't have a battery indicator in jwm

cheers
peebee
Attachments
pnethooderror.png
(30.21 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Last edited by peebee on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

yordanj94

xorg.conf

#127 Post by yordanj94 »

Hi
I have problem with Xorg too.
If i try to do:

"Setup-Change the mouse and keyboard-Advanced Xorg keyboard configuration-Layouts-Layouts variants"

Puppy doesn't let me to set it.

If i replace xorg.conf with the one from Puppy_drake i am able to do that.

DaveS

#128 Post by DaveS »

Fixed CUPS ar per instructions. Wifi is persistent between boots but tray indicator (blinky?) does not appear at re-boot. Restarting X restores it, so it is loading before wifi connection is established. Sleep command required somewhere?
Some weird sh*t happens with Opera, I think maybe Java related. Will try to test it out, but in simple terms, cannot post a reply to forum using Opera as the display breaks up. Seamonkey is fine.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pemasu

#129 Post by pemasu »

Dave S. I have noticed that frisbee_tray problem also. But to know where to put sleep, i havent tested it so far.

DaveS

#130 Post by DaveS »

If its going to be Seamonkey, two essential add-ons, Compact Menu 2, which removes menu bar and replaces it with a drop-down menu from the little globe icon at far left, and Seatab X which places a close button on each tab.
Attachments
addons.png
(20.87 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pemasu

#131 Post by pemasu »

That Vattery problem is usually due to that vattery-ibam seqfaults. Solution. In /root/Startup/1vattery script. Remove everything else, leave only exec vattery-acpitool. That problem is hw spesific. Vattery-ibam does not work in every comp. I might try to compile vattery-ibam in dpup but I dont know if it will fix the problem.

Ntbscan missing. I will add it.

Xorg and advanced keyboard problem. Yep. Beem had that shortened default xorg.conf also. It can be the xorg way in newer versions. I know that Iguleder, Barry Kauler and 01micko has struggled with it. Newer xorg does not play in Puppies easily. There is still road to go.

pemasu

#132 Post by pemasu »

Hmm. Creating preinstalled Seamonkey to have those addons preinstalled and packaging it again. It creates in root default folder which adds quite many Mb`s to the iso. Not sure if it is reasonable. Need to test the size grow. If it is really many Mb´s, I wouldnt do it to this my base version.

Jim1911

#133 Post by Jim1911 »

CUPS problem with your latest 5.0.0.3 uploaded today. Error occurs after selecting CUPS printer wizard. See attached. NOTE: I used the existing save file.
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(64.8 KiB) Downloaded 247 times

pemasu

#134 Post by pemasu »

Pnethood by clarf has ntbscan included. Barry Kauler has separated ntbscan to the separate package because wary builds has it natively. I think I will include the clarf pnethood just for fun of it.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=64206

pemasu

#135 Post by pemasu »

E17 might have its quirks. Problems with e17 could be good to post to the Iguleders thread also. I cant help much with e17 yet.

By the way. Did you copy the cupsd.conf file from Lucid Puppy.

I will upload 5004 because there is now fundamental new changes
Psync will be also included, you notice the reason if you try to sync your clock with PupClockset.
I have to think about the Fotoxx dependency problem also.

DaveS

#136 Post by DaveS »

pemasu wrote:E17 might have its quirks. Problems with e17 could be good to post to the Iguleders thread also. I cant help much with e17 yet.

By the way. Did you copy the cupsd.conf file from Lucid Puppy.

I will upload 5004 because there is now fundamental new changed.
Psync will be also included, you notice the reason if you try to sync your clock with PupClockset.
For what it is worth I copied cupsd.conf from Spup1
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pemasu

#137 Post by pemasu »

Pnethood started scanning with clarf_pnethood.
Psync added. New jwm theme Dave S has made matching 23oz jwm theme. It will be default jwm theme in 5004. Thank you Dave S. And thank you all of your bug findings. Many of them are fixed.

I have also next trial for PUI.

DaveS

#138 Post by DaveS »

pemasu wrote:Pnethood started scanning with clarf_pnethood.
Psync added. New jwm theme Dave S has made matching 23oz jwm theme. It will be default jwm theme in 5004. Thank you Dave S. And thank you all of your bug findings. Many of them are fixed.

I have also next trial for PUI.
Cool :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

jim3630

#139 Post by jim3630 »

[quote="pemasu"]Jim3630. Obsolete icon remnants have been explained when I made 5003 announcement. I am reluctant to repeat my posts.
/quote]

lol didn't ask big guy.

DaveS

#140 Post by DaveS »

Dmesg shows B43 firmware as loaded.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!