Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 25 Apr 2014, 04:35
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Puppy Power
Just logging in to rave a bit about various Puppys
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
Dragynn

PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug 2011, 19:44    Post subject:  Just logging in to rave a bit about various Puppys  

Been a while since I checked in, but after trying several new pups, I just had to post some kudos Wink

The new 5.28 is amazing, the best yet for the "main" line of puppies, everything detected and 100% functional, fast fast. Installing Nvidia drivers for my machine was the nicest experience i've had doing that particular chore in a looooooooooooooong time. Very well done, new icons for mounted volumes are gorgeous! Great to see Asunder and gnome-mplayer included as i'm a gnome 2 user elsewhere, and those are great apps.

Drake Puppy: Awesome idea, took it for a spin and love what I see so far, and i'm currently using a Mandriva fork as my main install, so lots of familiar stuff under the hood. looking forward to future versions!

Stu90's Dpuplite: YES! FINALLY! A Pup for us hardcore minimalists to build our own on, thank you thank you thank you! Very Happy Played with that one for hours yesterday, doesn't look like it can do Nvidia drivers yet (or possibly I just couldn't figure it out)? But I can wait until more pets are available. Very Happy Wouldn't mind using it to try and build a minimal gnome 2 pup, don't know if that's possible or not, I saw where Nautilus was an available pet in one of the versions I tried yesterday, and some more gnome packages...

I was able to build a gnome 2 version of another conventional distro with quite a few basic programs in under a 350 mb iso, don't know how that would translate size-wise when compared to how Puppy is compressed...and obviously 350 mb is huge for a Puppy, but might be kinda cool to have a full gnome desktop and progs running the Puppy way, and most computers have 2 gigs of ram or more these days...

Anyhoo, just musing now so i'll sign off. Awesome work y'all, you've really outdone yourselves!

"Where people wish to attach, they should always be ignorant. To come with a well-informed mind is to come with an inability of administering to the vanity of others which a sensible person would always wish to avoid."
~Jane Austen
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Puppy Power
Jump to: