problems with video detection

Booting, installing, newbie
barok

problems with video detection

#1 Post by barok »

Hello! I downloaded Puppy and installed it to a cd. I am pleased with how it runs, but I have a few concerns.

1. I ran puppy on a Dell Dimension 2350, with a Intel extreme graphics controller (yuck) Although it is capable of up to 1024x768x32, puppy could only see up to 1024x768x8, true colours only possible at 640x480x32. Attempting to put in 0x011a or whatever it is fails. How do I enable true colours at high res's?

Thanks.

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Ian »

Try the latest release of Puppy, 1.0.2RC, else go to the old simple forum and do a search, there was some discussion regarding color resolutions.

If I can find this discussion and there was an answer I will put it in the Wikki in the Info section.

barok

#3 Post by barok »

Thanks. I'll try re-dling it. I thought I had the latest one... maybe not.

I searched the old forum already, found a few similiar topics, but no solutions that worked. Kinda odd... I tried puppy on an old p 200 at school, and I reached resolutions of 1024x768x32. (didn't even know that computer was capable of those resolutions.)

Anyways, anything you can find, would be appreciated. Might just be the graphics card though... It's really junky.