Submit and elect your favorite PET from Forum to QuickPet:-)

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Atle

Submit and elect your favorite PET from Forum to QuickPet:-)

#1 Post by Atle »

So as I asked Playdayz if it was possible to get some of those neat little programs for Puppy, that is hidden within the Forum into QuickPet, the respond was not only quick, but positive

Atle:
"Just have a little suggestion. In various places around the forum, you can find links to various VERY useful .pet(?), like the one that lets you use your Ethernet to share your Wlan connection and also the one that gives you Hiawatha/PHP/MySQL in one pacage. I bet here are others that can mention several more of these "hidden treasures" in Puppy Forum."

Playdayz:
"If people can nominate their favorite pets and then someone can collect them, then I can feature that collected list in LupuNews. This doesn't necessarily need to be done before release because I can update LupuNews anytime."
So i quickly acted upon this up, as its something i like to see my self and published a little "submit your Nominee, a nominee overview and a voting system. The voting system is DISABLED, as I feel its better that there is more than just two Nominees before the election kicks of, so I just bring a little picture of how it looks before it was disabled. This is to get a fair election. But the you can submit and also see the nominee list. Its will be updated pretty much every day. Visit the Election site http://privat.schoolux.org/index.php/submit-nominees

May the best Pet's come out to the people!!!
Last edited by Atle on Thu 04 Aug 2011, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

Not all pets work in all versions of Puppy.
If they are going into Quickpet, they need verified that they will work in the version of Puppy that Quickpet is in.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Atle

#3 Post by Atle »

bigpup wrote:Not all pets work in all versions of Puppy.
If they are going into Quickpet, they need verified that they will work in the version of Puppy that Quickpet is in.
Hi BigPup.

At the form, where you submit nominees, this text is to be found:

"Please submit as correct data as possible. Feel free to ceck out the nominee list, to see what parameters to submit and why. Please also make sure you have tested the .Pet on 5.2.6, BEFORE its submittet!!! And feel free to test my submissions as well:-)"

Apart from that, one more Pet has been submitted and I am stunned I never heard about it before. So now there are 3 nominees. TATATADA :D

Atle

#4 Post by Atle »

Due to little or non interest of this project, I decided to

"pull it"...

( Quote Larry Silverstein 2001)

The data and election site will be demolished in one week, as from now, unless there is some interest. As mentioned, there is ONLY 3 candidates, so there is not much to vote for, and there for the current vote is set to decide how many candidates there should be in order to have a vote on it:-)