Slacko B2

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
jpeps

libgpm

#233 Post by jpeps »

libgpm is needed for apps like vim, so you might want to include it. I copied one from lucid:
Attachments
libgpm-so.2.tar.gz
(17.34 KiB) Downloaded 491 times

majorfoo

#234 Post by majorfoo »

01micko wrote:Abiword 2.9.1

UUgghhh.. what a mission.. :roll:

Tried Ted, quickly discounted Ted.. it hasn't been developed in over 2 years so isn't compatible with the newer gtk/gdk/cairo/png libs. I got it to run, too many critical errors, plus it only opens .rtf.

Now abiword seems to depend on boost c++ libraries. There is a configure option "--with-boost=no" but it seems boost is now part of the core of abiword.. So with that I compiled the opendocument plugin which requires boost anyway. I did this very fastidiously! Every error in make I added only the required part of boost, it's still a 15M installed package (better than over 100M :roll: :o :shock: ).. thankfully none of the shared libs are needed so this is only a requirement for the devx, I got the compressed size down to under 1M. Yes, all this for a second rate WP. There is no real alternative considering size. As far as my testing goes, it opens .rtf, .doc, .odt, .abw that's all I use, and I don't use abiword anyway.

Here it is..

Abiword 2.7M
found minor problem when tried to run abiword. It would not open from desktop icon. There is no defined defaultwordprocessor in /usr/local/bin Once I added this, it worked great
Notice you have fixed this in Slacko B3

majorfoo