internet without cookies or javascript or flashplayer

For discussions about security.
Stripe

#16 Post by Stripe »

hi all

thanks Joe for the code I will try that next, will just have to work out how to automatically run it.

Nooby I think html5 could be the answer or some sort of video streaming

cheers
don

nooby

#17 Post by nooby »

I remember now that sombody wrote that one download it and play it in some player. That way one don't need to see it direct in Flash. One have to look at it after downloading it. If one are able to do such. I think youtube sometimes try to set it up so that does not work???
Last edited by nooby on Mon 10 Oct 2011, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

gcmartin

how to rid browser space-eaters from the running filesystem

#18 Post by gcmartin »

I have looked but did not find a PET that has been constructed to remove the space eaters that are collected via browser use.

As I understand it, some of the files would be discarded via the tools built into the browsers themselve. But there are times that this is not the case and the instructions in this thread does help.

But, was just wondering if there are any Puppy locations that have PETs built to handle much of this, outside of the browsers themselves?

Thanks in advance for anything you feel would help.

Edited: Is there, too, a PET for moving the normal browser space-eater locations from the RAM fileystem to HDD storage media? This could provide the basis for a standardize approach no matter what browser is employed on the desktop.