inmotionhosting hacked

For discussions about security.
jpeps

inmotionhosting hacked

#1 Post by jpeps »

inmotionhosting.com, a major hosting site (I use it) was hacked yesterday. The "security team" is still working on it. The hacker deleted index files and put in his own php's, in addition to creating his own folders. They had another breakin a few months ago, although not this bad. I recognize one of the directories, so think it's the same guy.

Thinking of putting all your work on the "cloud" ? Think again. I was able to fix most of it before the security team got in and prevented logins. Their phone is "busy", and they don't answer any emails.I didn't get any emails about the hack, either; had to find out info on the web.

I got someone early this morning on their chat help service, but he didn't even know that the cpanel was down, and instead reset my password. If you ask an intelligent question, you get a "professional" response...like "it's important that you update your password on a regular basis"....even if that has nothing to do with the problem. I recall them blaming the customers last breakin as well.