Need help compiling artec as6e driver; no SCSI in xsane

Using applications, configuring, problems
ducwiz

Need help compiling artec as6e driver; no SCSI in xsane

#1 Post by ducwiz »

Hi,

after running 1.08r1 on a PIII 500 since several weeks, and getting familiar with it more and more (and in love, of course), I downloaded and installed the sane library and xsane dotpups. Recently I found a pile of used scanners at our local scrap yard, all in a working condition and now being available at my home: a Tamarack Artiscan 12000C and a Mustek ScanExpress 12000+ (both SCSI, and fully supported by sane), and an Artec AS6e (parallel port). After starting Xsane, to my disappointment no SCSI option was offered, so the Tamarack and the Mustek remain useless for the moment.
Unfortunately, to set up the Artec to work, an additional driver is necessary:
http://as6edriver.sourceforge.net/
One has to build it from source, but I do not have the necessary compiler available in puppy, nor the skills to perform this job. Is there somebody out there with any good idea, on how to enable SCSI support for Xsane, or getting a binary of the as6e-driver?

hopefully awaiting replies d.

MU

#2 Post by MU »

here it is.
It extracts to /usr/local/bin/as6edriver

Mark
Attachments
as6edriver-0.5.pup
(22.54 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

ducwiz

#3 Post by ducwiz »

Wow Mark,

really fast ! Thanks a lot, I'll check it soon and report about it.
Maybe one time the SCSI support in Xsane is provided by somebody else; I hope for it 'cause the optical quality of my SCSI scanners is so much better than the AS6e.

Herzlichen Dank, Mark,
vom Unterlauf des Mains, 7km Luftlinie vom Airport Ffm!

Hans / ducwiz